Turkeeeeeeeeee breasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Just put these 7lb Shady Brook Farm (enhanced) breasts on, which are very good, especially for $.99lb. Smoking over Kingsford BLUE with apple wood. It's cold and rainy out, had these not been thawed and I didn't have to work tomorrow, they would NOT have been done today!

img_203673_0_3dd5add324ed8ab33ce39ffad6f74ac2.jpg
img_203673_1_701223022fb216165f4a93f53714b3a5.jpg

Larry you cooking enhanced meat again! :LOL:
Can't wait to see the finised product, I'm sure it will be good.
Enjoy your Monday off.

DarylCincy said:
Can't wait to see the finised product, I'm sure it will be good.
Enjoy your Monday off.

I cook alot of enhanced turkeys, it's one of the things that I do like. Although, self brined birds are FAR superior, at least the Shady Brook Brand are pretty darn good, especially for the price!

Larry Wolfe said:
DarylCincy said:
Can't wait to see the finished product, I'm sure it will be good.
Enjoy your Monday off.

I cook alot of enhanced turkeys, it's one of the things that I do like. Although, self brined birds are FAR superior, at least the Shady Brook Brand are pretty darn good, especially for the price!

Then I will see if I can find the Shady Brook Brand up here? I was going to brine one myself but I've not did one yet so that sounds easier.
Thank's Larry.

DarylCincy said:
Larry Wolfe said:
DarylCincy said:
Can't wait to see the finished product, I'm sure it will be good.
Enjoy your Monday off.

Then I will see if I can find the Shady Brook Brand up here? I was going to brine one myself but I've not did one yet so that sounds easier.
Thank's Larry.

They also sell fresh birds, so make sure you read the label carefully to make sure you get what you want!

First one is done!

I cut it in half because the customer requested it that way as she's by herself and can't eat a whole lobe at once. So she'll receive 4 vacuum bags vs. 2.

img_203713_0_556280ca5a64716ac0c33be7ecd9dff0.jpg
img_203713_1_3f5a49b9f7f3827d97b5ec09d02ad144.jpg
img_203713_2_5b5a56a5281c4770c97ae8495171eff2.jpg
img_203713_3_d9da08fffdd03b0e0af4ff60a5107772.jpg
img_203713_4_1fbd350fb2f7217d4528318c820188ef.jpg
img_203713_5_dff90271346267aad2b86c798b2123f2.jpg

Well whut a fortuitious circumstance. Just last night the warden directed me toward the freezer and demanded I look at 2 9 pound turkey breastes of which I am supposed to turn into TD dinner at a yet future date. These I got are Honey Suckle White brand and I dont think they are pumped. Standing by for instructions :shock:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Standing by for instructions :shock:

bigwheel

As long as they're not injected, follow THIS recipe, but cut the total volume of brine by half for just the breast. If you don't have alot of time you can also inject this brine a couple hours ahead of time.

Wow I hit that link and felt like I had just took a cool sip of water out of a fire hose. Thats some very good and detailed instructions. Now you gonna need my help on the brine:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Wow I hit that link and felt like I had just took a cool sip of water out of a fire hose. Thats some very good and detailed instructions. Now you gonna need my help on the brine:)

bigwheel

Trust me on the brine and don't worry about Table Salt vs. Kosher Salt.....I think that's where you're going, but if you never trusted, please do so just this once!! :LOL: The brine is great on turkeys.

Cliff H. said:
Those are beeeeutifull Larry.

How long and at what temp did you pull them. Details man.

Cliff these took around 5 hours in the 245º-260º range to hit 160º.

Nick Prochilo said:
Larry, that's $8.00 per pound in the deli! I did one last week for lunches for me and the family for the week!

I sell these for $50 each and the people get 2 vacuum frozen bags with half breast in each.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom