turbinado sugar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
Does anybody know a good place to buy this? Can I find it at the store or can I get it on line?
I am looking to try this in my rub and take out some of the brown sugar.

Thanks
Chris

Chris you can get it pretty much anywhere. Look for "sugar in the raw", usually in brown boxes.

Chris i dont know if there is a Clemens near you, They have been bought by Giant in my area but should be open for a while. They sell it in the 3lb back for about 3 bucks. I stocked up last time I was there, its with the natural foods though, not the sugars. I need to come up closer to your area in a couple of weeks and get some lump....if thats not too long to wait let me know. I could bring it with me.

Usually in the sugar aisle of many local grocery stores, closer to the brown sugar than the white.

Turbinado sugar is just as common as other sugars at the grocery store, or if you have a health food store in town, sometimes those hippies will stock it.

Thanks guys Ill go and look for it.
Curt there is a Clemens not to far from my house so Ill go there and check it out.

Thanks
Chris

no problem Chris. Is there anywhere out by you that sells lump ? not the cowboy stuff hopefully. All the wally worlds over here only carry it for the summer....makes me miss home more every day

cflatt said:
no problem Chris. Is there anywhere out by you that sells lump ? not the cowboy stuff hopefully. All the wally worlds over here only carry it for the summer....makes me miss home more every day

Not that I know of. I have tried looking before and I could not find anything but the cowboy stuff at lowes. I am preatty sure that Meadow creek carries lump but I am not sure. I use the brikets from royal oak called chef select and I get them from there Ill usually go there every few months and stock up. They are all natural I like useing them more than kingsford. Map quest says it is about a hour from collegeville. Here is the link to their site http://www.meadowcreekbbq.com/Welcome.html you might want to try calling the shop and see their hours and if they carry lump. If you decide to make the drive up to meadow creek you should check out the breakfast buffet at shady maple and some of their meats and spices at the market 8)

Hope this helps,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom