Tuesday Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I hope the people at The Weather Channel know what they are doing. They say tomorrow is going to be a good day to smoke a brisket here in Ar.

We'll see what happens.

I hope for your sake for once their right Cliff.
How big of a brisket and what kind of rub are you using?

Puff said:
I hope for your sake for once their right Cliff.
How big of a brisket and what kind of rub are you using?

The brisket was 11.68 lbs purchased at Sams. They had one that went for 16.5 lbs but I decided that there would not be enough time in the day. ;)

The rub is one I made up. It is heavy on onion powder, garlic powder and brown sugar. There is some oregano, turbinado and pepper in the mix also.

I was just thinking how that little bit of salt at the bottom of the peanut jar might be good on a brisket. Maybe next time. :D

Good lookin brisket you got started.......I'll be in your neck of the woods, almost, (eureka springs) in about a week. Hope the weather is good then!

Brisket went on at 6:00. Fat cap down. The pit temp is at 230 deg. I gave the rub the sniff test on the brisket. Raw beef has a way of making rubs smell good.
The garlic and the onion powder really stand out and it smells goooood.

Weather?

Go get em' Cliff Man. Hope that Brisket turns out Perfecto!!!
Just a quick question.
What has the weather got to do with smokin'?
Don't matter to me. Rain, wind, cold, sleet or hail? Get out there and work your smoker!!!!!
Have a GREAT day.
Smoke On!!!!!!

Re: Weather?

kickassbbq said:
What has the weather got to do with smokin'?

I can answer that with one pic. I should buy another chargriller to keep around front in the garage. I have rolled this one back and forth now three times.

Kickassbbq,
not to get off topic here but I noticed that you have a Lang smoker. If you don't mind I would like to PM you with some questions.

Yeah I hate it when the weather prevents me from smoking :roll: :P . Got a couple of briskets in the freezer......might have to do something about that...

Brisket is at 172. Pit has been holding between 230 and 255 all day. Very little wind to have to deal with today.

Little bit of smoke going straight up most of the day.

The brisket is at 190 deg now. I am thinking about what to do with the point.

Leave it intact and wrap it all up.

Separate and smoke it for a couple of more hours, the chop it up.

Separate and cube. Smoke that for a couple of hours and call it burnt ends.

Any suggestions ?

Back
Top Bottom