Tri-Tip and Chicken with "Secret Rub"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Doing a Tri Tip on the grill with a chipotle/lime marinade. Some tortillas, potatoes and grilled acorn squash slices. Also, working on new comp chicken for when Uncle Bubba takes 58th next time and I get it back! Secret rub is a combo of Wolfe and Klose Poultry Rub (Larrys has good seasoning but Dave's has an herbal component I like with Chix. I'll try and take photos. W

Cooking the chix indirect first on the kettle, then, spread the coals and finish the chick while grilling the tri-tip direct to about 130-140 degrees. You cooking one today too? It's COLD!!! Daughter is transferring to Ohio State!!! OU still sucks! She says that she doesn'y like the social (read: GREEK) scene at Miami. She is at a 4.0 there however! Now I can cheer on the Buckeyes with extra gusto!

NO WAY!! What did I tell you about that place!! SNOBS and GREEKS!! She would have a much better time at OU...and she would be much safer there too...OSU...60,000 students...it's a great sports program...but I wouldn't want to go to school there!! She'll end up at OU...just wait and see. By the way...stepping quite a ways down on the academic ladder going to OSU, don't you think...not the same "Ivy League" reputation that M of O has, right? Your words not mine! :D

Yes, it is cold today...not doing anything today but tomorrow and Tueday I will be grilling and maybe using the WSM...depends on the menu! :( What time is dinner?? :)

Woodman said:
Doing a Tri Tip on the grill with a chipotle/lime marinade. Some tortillas, potatoes and grilled acorn squash slices. Also, working on new comp chicken for when Uncle Bubba takes 58th next time and I get it back! Secret rub is a combo of Wolfe and Klose Poultry Rub (Larrys has good seasoning but Dave's has an herbal component I like with Chix. I'll try and take photos. W

I like herbs with chicken too Dave.

Back
Top Bottom