Today's BB ribs & smoked jalapenos--Final pics added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry Wolfe said:
Well we try! I'm gonna try the next pic's upside down to see if they turn out clearer!

BTW, very nice quality pic's.

Good thinking on the upside camera. You'll get better looking shots as its widely known in photography circles that off center subjects are generally more compelling. However, I doubt they'll be any clearer.

That said, you know I'd be very happy to share some tips with you to improve your photography were I to receive a couple 1 lb bottles of a certain rub....

Somebody explain how it has a tighter fit. Wither upside down or right side up the same door is in the same openning. It's cymetrical so it shouldn't matter either way. I have tried it both ways and its the same either way.

Nick Prochilo said:
Somebody explain how it has a tighter fit. Wither upside down or right side up the same door is in the same openning. It's cymetrical so it shouldn't matter either way. I have tried it both ways and its the same either way.

I think it has to do with the flange of the door being on the inside of the top...thus ... kinda ...like... ya know... doing that...upward flow within the chamber....ummm... errrr, instead of have an open gap at the top of the door for said flow to escape. Cripes.... Ummm ... Yeah... tha's about it.
[smilie=a_withstupid.gif] [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

A couple of times...as an expeirement, I've tried inverting the door when I saw a lot of smoke coming out of the door and the smoke coming out of the door seams was less when it was upside down.... [VOICE=FOGHORN]In my particular test cases..... I say Test Cases...that is. [/VOICE]

LowRent said:
wittdog said:
Someone is going to fit in great (like an upside down door), a wise ass who takes great pics...and is all ready angeling for a free sample....

"Fit in...?" Who else takes great pics around here? [smilie=a_holyshit.gif]

img_75001_0_7a12de7f8e6f83a85c6b18e526316d5c.jpg

:D

ScottyDaQ said:
Nick Prochilo said:

I think it has to do with the flange of the door being on the inside of the top...thus ... kinda ...like... ya know... doing that...upward flow within the chamber....ummm... errrr, instead of have an open gap at the top of the door for said flow to escape. Cripes.... Ummm ... Yeah... tha's about it.
[smilie=a_withstupid.gif] [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

A couple of times...as an expeirement, I've tried inverting the door when I saw a lot of smoke coming out of the door and the smoke coming out of the door seams was less when it was upside down.... [VOICE=FOGHORN]In my particular test cases..... I say Test Cases...that is. [/VOICE]

IMHHO Scottie is correct. I always have the doors upside down for the very same reason.
Of course it could be just a New England thing. Brian

Those are great looking ribs. Very nice color. :D

I am taking in all the info I can about WSM's. I feel that it will be very usefull in the very near future. [smilie=vibes.gif]

Nick Prochilo said:

Thank you Nick!! :thumbsup

Easy boys.....didn't say it did, the answer was "...some people think...." DAMN, you guys treat everything written here as BIBLE. It's an opinion, just like what rub is best, what wood to use with what meat. Okay, it's settled, Nick and Larry are "Door, right side up" guys and LowRent is a "Door upside down" guy, and I sometimes "Swing Both Ways" :LOL: :LOL:

Bruce B said:
Easy boys.....didn't say it did, the answer was "...some people think...." DAMN, you guys treat everything written here as BIBLE. It's an opinion, just like what rub is best, what wood to use with what meat. Okay, it's settled, Nick and Larry are "Door, right side up" guys and LowRent is a "Door upside down" guy, and I sometimes "Swing Both Ways" :LOL: :LOL:

I heard that about you! It's all good, I still like you!

At least I've got a truck. [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif] [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif] [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif]

Bruce B said:

Best take this to the Blue Room! Starting to seem l;ike the Michagin boys are all a little strange! :twisted:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Bruce B":3p243sc7]Easy boys.....didn't say it did, the answer was "...some people think...." DAMN, you guys treat everything written here as BIBLE. It's an opinion, just like what rub is best, what wood to use with what meat. Okay, it's settled, Nick and Larry are "Door, right side up" guys and LowRent is a "Door upside down" guy, and I sometimes "Swing Both Ways" :LOL: :LOL:

Best take this to the Blue Room! Starting to seem l;ike the Michagin boys are all a little strange! :twisted:[/quote:3p243sc7]
SOME of them :roll:

Back
Top Bottom