Tips on smoking a pork roast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

It's a 2 lb. C.C. boneless pork roast. I will be using a cheap Brinkman smoker.
Any tips on how long, how many wood chunks, when to foil?
Thanks.

I smoked a 4 pound brisket once and it took as long as a 10 to 12 pound brisket. Smoke until the temperature of the pork roast gets to 170 then foil and take it to 195. After that wrap in more foil and a towel and place it in a dry cooler for a least an hour to rest before pulling. I don't know how long it will take but someone will probably be along to answer that question.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

erik13 said:
It's a 2 lb. C.C. boneless pork roast. I will be using a cheap Brinkman smoker.
Any tips on how long, how many wood chunks, when to foil?
Thanks.

Are you talking about a pork loin roast? Or is this a boneless boston butt? Can you take a picture of it and post it here? That may help.

If it is a pork loin. I would rub it possibly inject it and cook it until it reaches 150-160. Let it rest for about a half hour and then slice it. I am guessing you should use the same amout of wood chunks as you would normaly use for a cook. I think the last time I did a pork loin it took 2-3 hours before it reached the 150-160 range.

Chris

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Are you talking about a pork loin roast? Or is this a boneless boston butt? Can you take a picture of it and post it here? That may help.
It is a pork loin roast. I couldnt find a Boston butt.

chris1237 said:
If it is a pork loin. I would rub it possibly inject it and cook it until it reaches 150-160. Let it rest for about a half hour and then slice it. I am guessing you should use the same amout of wood chunks as you would normaly use for a cook. I think the last time I did a pork loin it took 2-3 hours before it reached the 150-160 range.

Chris
So I have to slice it? I wanted to cook it long enough to pull it.

Back
Top Bottom