thursday cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
This will be for my first catering gig. It is for my neighbors graduation party. Ill be doing 40 pounds of pork butt for them and 2pounds of apple sausage for breakfast and 2 racks of baby backs for dinner. I plan to fire up the JUDGE, (finally came up with a name for my pit ) around 6:00 and hope to have the butts and sausage on around 7:30-8:00. And the ribs will go on around 12-1.
I have only done baby backs once how long do they normaly take. I was thinking about 4 hours does that sound right.

here are a few pics
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandin ... share&Ux=1

Chris

2nd link works fine ~ :( I think 4 hours on BB's is a bit short. 5 or maybe a bit longer if you foil. Closer to 6 if you don't. MAN, I remember when BB's cost that much around here! They're closer to $3.45/lb now. How long do you plan on cooking the butts?

Sweet deal Chris!! Have fun, looks like you have everything under control!! Is that your own rub?

The Joker said:
2nd link works fine ~ :( I think 4 hours on BB's is a bit short. 5 or maybe a bit longer if you foil. Closer to 6 if you don't. MAN, I remember when BB's cost that much around here! They're closer to $3.45/lb now. How long do you plan on cooking the butts?
The best I could find for baby backs was 4.24 and that was at wal mart and they were injected with that crap. Most of the time I do spares but wanted to try babybacks. Was thinking of doing them for comps. Last time I did butts it took about 12 hours. So was thing bout that. May be more. The party is on saturday so I dont have to worry about cutting it close.
Larry Wolfe said:
Sweet deal Chris!! Have fun, looks like you have everything under control!! Is that your own rub?
Larry that is my own rub. I came up with it last summer and have been tweating it ever since.
Also I charged the people 275 for the pork. Does that seem like a fair price? I do not have to provide anything but the pork and sauce.

Chris

"THE JUDGE" now that is a cool name, most guy's name it after some girl.
Good luck Chris :!:

easier to hold your cooked meats for a few hours in a cooler than to rush em at the end.

I think the bb's will be done in 5 hours if you're between 250 and 275.
I've had em get done sooner than that, but that's with foil.

I went to the 2nd link posted above ~ Lookin' good!! =P~ Are you injecting in that one pic?

chris1237 said:
Everything came out great. Ill post pics when I wake up tommorrow.

Chris
Glad to hear it Chris! :( Lookin' forward to "Da Pics". :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom