This Is What Barbecue Means To Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Uncle Al":3cz61h0i]What a load of crap!!!!!!!!

"opinion" according to Webster:

A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

So, what LudiChris is saying is, that you must use hardwood, burned down to coals, to do "traditional barbcue". But,then he says "hardwood lump (which is hardwood burned down to coals) is the best way to do it wrong,"I must be a real dumbass.

Al

Yeah I heard he was a Yankee fan too! :shock: :LOL:[/quote:3cz61h0i]
:horse:

(Alright! What happened to all the good emoticons???!!! TexLaw!!! :badpoke: )

Niagara River Smoker said:
LMAO!! It's "Let's pound on LudiChris" these last few days ~ Who's it gonna be next week??? :shock:

:LOL: :p :LOL: :p :LOL:

I'll just bite my tounge with this one....its not worth it! BTW, I love the way MY BBQ tastes!

And other thing,

If you want to throw stones, you had better be perfect in all things including spelling:

Taken from LudiChris's Profile:

I'm not usually such a nit picker but his post really pissed me off !!!!!

Al

I hope those hardwood logs are harvested in a traditional manner, or then it can't be real BBQ, either....

Just last week my friends were sayin' to me "It's too bad this pulled pork you made (in the wsm) wasn't traditional bbq, it would taste so much better..."

Rob (Mr. untraditional)

Alright...so as 2 members have pointed out...we are all not eating BBQ...what is the exact point you are trying to make??? Just stating fact, trying to stir it up...???

Do you eat with forks and spoons, do you drive a car, do you wear clothes, do you cook on a stove, have heat in your house, have a house, do you have a job....see how it can spin out of control and NOT end!!

Niagara River Smoker said:
[quote="Bob T":21rtepv3]
Anyone have any extra Hemp so we can make a traditional noose so he can be strung up? :LOL:
Smoked it all ~ Sorry.... :LOL:[/quote:21rtepv3]

:shock: :shock: ...hello police...he lives @......Grand Island, NY...look for the blue cloud...not the white smoke that is coming out of the bullet shaped object pretending to make BBQ :shock: :shock:

LudiChris
What a crock of shit, you cook tradional BBQ in that cooker of yours, willing to bet Bob in GA doesn't think so (another anal asshole).
Lump charcoal is hard wood burned down to coals. I'm glad you like your BBQ but give me a break. Say it like it is, I cook like they did in 1780 and can't think outside of the box.
I always love someone who starts a conversation with, I'm Tradionalist and you are all wrong, now let's have discussion.

Woodman
You can't cook tradional bbq on an offset cooker, ask them they will tell you how screwed your thinking is.

Just an opinion of course.
Jim

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Niagara River Smoker":1p7fq2jg][quote="Bob T":1p7fq2jg]
Anyone have any extra Hemp so we can make a traditional noose so he can be strung up? :LOL:
Smoked it all ~ Sorry.... :LOL:[/quote:1p7fq2jg]

:shock: :shock: ...hello police...he lives @......Grand Island, NY...look for the blue cloud...not the white smoke that is coming out of the bullet shaped object pretending to make BBQ :shock: :shock:[/quote:1p7fq2jg]
Here's a pic from the river!

Tell Border Patrol too!! Oh...they use my dock for surveillance of the river...

The "Bullet" is in the median... :p

Oh, I forgot...It's been close to 25 years since I "inhaled", so I don't think they're gonna find anything! :LOL: :badgrin: :LOL: :p :p

As fast as things move on this board, it's hard to know sometimes... :badgrin:

Wow, I'm suprised by the intensity of some of the responses the original post invoked. :) I didn't feel threatened at all. You guys are a bunch of zealots ... (you know who you are :LOL:, not that there is anything wrong with that). Maybe I've missed something.

I love the pulled pork and stuff I make on my WSM and given that I only grilled on a gas grill prior to that makes it seem like real BBQ to me.

If Ludi doesn't think I make real BBQ cuz I use a wsm and lump, it's ok with me. I have no inclination to start doing his idea of real BBQ either.

vanstaller, good God man, that was an epic, well written post with many great counter points! Well done! I think you might have missed the detrimental impact modern processing, medications and distribution might have on our meat over a real wild pig though :LOL: .

I as well think the main problem with Ludi's post stems from the use of the word 'traditional'. It is relative to a point in time. But I don't fully agree. If the traditional method was to apply smoke and low heat for many hours, that hasn't changed by using a WSM. We are still using wood product as the heat source.

Being the age that I am, 'traditional' to me is grilling over charcoal briquettes in the '70s when I was a young kid. 50 years from now I'm certain Larry's new microwave BBQ will be a traditional method if the government has to ban all unnecessary open fires due to air quality. :D

Somebody else said 'I bet it tastes better today'. I bet the end product does taste better given the endless variety of raw ingrediants, spices and other products readily available to us today in our local grocery stores.

Edit: oops, I thought Tex wrote the epic post, initially I credited it to him ... sry folks ... while I'm at it I'd like to expand on one of my statements a bit ... 'I have no inclination to start doing his idea of real BBQ either.' should read 'I have no inclination to start doing his idea of real BBQ either unless it can be proven by results to be a clearly superior method'. thnx

Shawn White said:
Wow, I'm suprised by the intensity of some of the responses the original post invoked. :) I didn't feel threatened at all. You guys are a bunch of zealots ... (you know who you are :LOL:, not that there is anything wrong with that). Maybe I've missed something.

I love the pulled pork and stuff I make on my WSM and given that I only grilled on a gas grill prior to that makes it seem like real BBQ to me.

If Ludi doesn't think I make real BBQ cuz I use a wsm and lump, it's ok with me. I have no inclination to start doing his idea of real BBQ either.

Tex, good God man, that was an epic, well written post with many great counter points! Well done! I think you might have missed the detrimental impact modern processing, medications and distribution might have on our meat over a real wild pig though :LOL: .

I as well think the main problem with Ludi's post stems from the use of the word 'traditional'. It is relative to a point in time. But I don't fully agree. If the traditional method was to apply smoke and low heat for many hours, that hasn't changed by using a WSM. We are still using wood product as the heat source.

Being the age that I am, 'traditional' to me is grilling over charcoal briquettes in the '70s when I was a young kid. 50 years from now I'm certain Larry's new microwave BBQ will be a traditional method if the government has to ban all unnecessary open fires due to air quality. :D

Somebody else said 'I bet it tastes better today'. I bet the end product does taste better given the endless variety of raw ingrediants, spices and other products readily available to us today in our local grocery stores.
And you're still young! :D :D

8) 8) 8)

Shawn, I agree with you as far as not being offended...however, I think it was more the way the topic was broached than has caused the passionate replies. JMO!

Since this post, Ludi has asked to be removed from the site (his choice!) and I have accomodated his request, so that is why guest is listed!

Isn't anyone worried about hurting LudiChris' feelings? After all he's a human being!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Asked to be removed? I guess he didn't want anyone on his level to look at the memberlist and see his name here with all us wannabe's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom