thinking of a WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
Ok I have been thinking of getting WSM for a little while. Dont get me wrong I love my gator to death but. Some of the time it is just not practle to fire it up. For example on fathers day I fired it up for two racks of ribs. I also would like to have something I could crank up to 350-400 for doing chicken. How easy is it to do that on a WSM? Or is it a better idea to get a kettle for doing someting like that? Also about how much charcoal would it burn on a 6-7 hour cook at about 240-250.

Thanks for the help
Chris

I love mine...I can cook and get a lot of stuff done at the same time..I would say that you'd be looking at a 1/3 to a 1/2 of a bag for a 6 to 7 hour cook..1 load...basicly set it and forget it....Dont get me wrong, I love fiddeling with my pit, but its nice to be able to throw food in the WSM and be able to do chores around the hose without haveing to be at the pit every twenty minuets..Its sort of like the Crock Pot of smokers..!

Chris it's money well spent, and you can grill and smoke on it! If you plan on doing more grilling than smoking go for the Kettle though.

Well just placed an order for one. Should be here in a few days. Thanks for that site brian.

Thanks for the advice
Chris

Chris, since I joined the forum of BBQ expert's here( =D> ) I know one thing. Well actually I learned alot of things, but one thing I know is....
I have to get a WSM!
Like John said, it's fun to tinker with the babysit-pit, but when you have stuff to do in the process of a day like me I even though I don't have one "yet", from what i've read & learned from these dude's, it's the way to go :(

I bought a WSM a few months ago. I do like the set it and forget. I haven't used my offset since. I'm missing the tinkering but I'm getting alot of other things done of Saturday's. I also bought from the Grill Doctor.

Do it................................. do it...................................... do it..............
............... do it.....................................do it......................................do
it................................do it.....................................do it .......................
......do..............it.............................................................do...............it......................................do......................................................it......... #-o

Finney said:
Do it................................. do it...................................... do it..............
............... do it.....................................do it......................................do
it................................do it.....................................do it .......................
......do..............it.............................................................do...............it......................................do......................................................it......... #-o
Fin, are you sure?

Puff said:
Finney said:
Fin, are you sure?
DO IT!!!!!
:rant:

Hey Puff man get it now before they jack the prices up. 179 is great deal for a WSM.

SO DO IT

Chris

Finney said:
Puff said:
Finney said:
Fin, are you sure?
DO IT!!!!!
:rant:
He's on the soap box Chris :eek:
You had better buy it :!:

chris1237 said:
Hey Puff man get it now before they jack the prices up. 179 is great deal for a WSM.

SO DO IT

Chris
Explain it to my wife #-o
You first, let me know what you think.
I'm kind of iffy myself 8-[

Puff said:
chris1237 said:

SO DO IT

Chris

Puff tell your wife that you want to spend less time tending the fire so you could spend more time with her and helping her do stuff around the house. Or something like that.
I maily got it for smaller cooks like a 2-3 racks of ribs or a few rings of sausage. I also see it as possably a winter smoker so I dont have to go out in the cold. Or I may start thing out on the judge and then finish em up on the SM.
Puff Ill make sure to let you know how I like it. :!:

Chris

chris1237 said:
Puff said:
chris1237 said:

SO DO IT

Chris

Puff tell your wife that you want to spend less time tending the fire so you could spend more time with her and helping her do stuff around the house. Or something like that.
I maily got it for smaller cooks like a 2-3 racks of ribs or a few rings of sausage. I also see it as possably a winter smoker so I dont have to go out in the cold. Or I may start thing out on the judge and then finish em up on the SM.
Puff Ill make sure to let you know how I like it. :!:

Chris
Now that sounds a winning :idea:
Thanks Chris, good luck and let me know for sure :!:
I'll run that one across the wife and see what happens :(

Puff said:
chris1237 said:

SO DO IT

Chris

or tell your wife that when she needs to monitor those overnight cooks it is much easier to do with the WSM. (at least, I think that's what hubby told me... :!: )

Puff said:
chris1237 said:

SO DO IT

Chris

Wife...What are you crazy. Have you ever seen the price of the stuff they put on their face or rub on their hands. :-( I could buy 2WSM's and still get change! :)

DO IT!

Jack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom