The Smoke B-4 the Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Decided to smoke and grill some chicken before a large Pacific storm rolls into So. California. We don't get much rain here so we really can use it, but it's supposed to rain all next week!

Chicken Mojo Criollo in the WSM

Large cabbage on top. Not so sure about this one.

Finished and ready to put in fridge for later in the week.
Tried the cabbage - yuck, not much of a cabbage fan!!

Skewered Bajun Chicken on the grill.

Finished skewered chicken with some Bok Choy.
We had it for last night's dinner and it was good.

well that's Cali for ya....fire up the smoker and put on
cabbage and bok choy. Might have been better had you
wrapped em in bacon.

YES! BOK CHOY! I do that all the time. Love it. The cabbage is OK, I ditch the outer leaves, then rough chop it up so it all mixes with the butter n onion n herbs.
I like to do the big bok choy marinated in Italian. The greens get super crunchy and the whites remain tender.

Great looking cook !
Woulda liked to see some larger pics of it.

Captain Morgan said:
well that's Cali for ya....fire up the smoker and put on
cabbage and bok choy. Might have been better had you
wrapped em in bacon.

I have a 23 year old daughter living at home who's a vegetarian. The bacon would be great but she wouldn't touch it. Thanks for the suggestion though. It sounds nice.

ScottyDaQ said:
YES! BOK CHOY! I do that all the time. Love it. The cabbage is OK, I ditch the outer leaves, then rough chop it up so it all mixes with the butter n onion n herbs.
I like to do the big bok choy marinated in Italian. The greens get super crunchy and the whites remain tender.

Great looking cook !
Woulda liked to see some larger pics of it.

The recipe I followed had me cut a shot glass size core in the bottom of the cabbage and stuff it with a half stick of butter with a chicken bullion cube in the center. I don't tell my daughter about the chicken bullion cube. I smoked it with apple wood and left it in for about 2 hours. Does that sound about right, or do you have a better way? Appreciate any advice.

Next time I will try the big Bok Choy using the Italian.

Looks great Lew. That cabbage recipe sounds real similar to the version my friend Miss Patty of the Texas Howling Coyotes used. I always thought she say the butter and stuff went in a small hole cut in the top :shock: Do know she say to cook it on foil crimped at top then at some point you start venting it. I think she may have also poured beer down in the foil too. I am just like Sick Willy in that my memory aint as good as it used to be. Thats how I would do it anyway:)

bigwheel

Chicken looks good Lew. Mojo huh? You got some cuban in ya ;) ? Guess I waited too long before the storm, but what the heck, I'm gonna grill anyways. If our brothers in the east can grill in snow, whats a little rain? Got plenty of brew to keep me warm.

Great lookin' chicken Lew. Not sure about the cabbage, looks good and sounds like the crowd thinks you did well with it, I may have to try that one. I too have a couple vegetarians. Really thought that would wear off by the time they hit 30, but not yet.

Looks great... Be sure to cover you WSM cause water will go in it during downpours.... Veggies look good also.. Keep up the good work!!!

Back
Top Bottom