The smell of Hickory in the morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Love the smell of Hickory in the morning. I just got home from work and fired up old Buford, there is nothing like the smell of hickory in the morning. I’m doing a couple of racks of ribs, and we are having some black eyed pea salad to go along with. I may try a peach mop on my wifes and the boys ribs.

Ya gott love those week day cooks. I got off from work this morning too, but no cooking for me 8-[ .

Lunch is done smoked dogs. The boys had theirs with can of cheese and ketchup and mine are the loaded ones. Ketchup has every right to be on a hotdog. :taunt: The ribs appear to be coming along nicely. I am using Hickory and Cherry wood and mopping the ribs with a peach flavored mop.

wittdog said:
Lunch is done smoked dogs. The boys had theirs with can of cheese and ketchup and mine are the loaded ones. Ketchup has every right to be on a hotdog. :taunt: The ribs appear to be coming along nicely. I am using Hickory and Cherry wood and mopping the ribs with a peach flavored mop.

Great looking dog's. Love the JD plate :D

The Joker said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1lcuhqlr]I tried, but the eggs ran through the grates.
Reminds me of when somebody here tried to smoke cheese... 8-[[/quote:1lcuhqlr]

I don't know mine didn't melt. :-k Who are you speaking of? :pop:
My ribs are starting to get there.......Looks like I'll be going to sleep later than I planned....again. Oh well it's all good, I'm still going to drop the boys off at the sitter...... :)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
wittdog said:

Great looking dog's. Love the JD plate :D
We got a whole set, plate, bowl and cup. It's some of our finest. :grin: What makes it really cool is the pic on it is of a boy pulling a tracto full of labs.

Captain Morgan said:
lol, that's a cool plate. I didn't see it cause as soon as I saw ketchp on the dogs, I looked away.
One of these days us Yankess will show you some of the finer things in life. :razz: I can't understand the whole no Ketchup thing....Do you put them on eggs? When I was a kid we would eat Ketchup sammies. They were a cut above wish sammies.

My dad used to tell me about eating mayo sammies. Like you said, better
than a wish. And, yes, I have heard about some people who put
mayo on hot dogs!

The ribs are getting there. One rack is done and the other two are close. I’m not going to sauce them. I do love the color you get from a little bit of cherry wood. They were rubbed with my secret rub, and then mopped with a peach nectar based mop. I lightly smoked them, one big chunk of hickory and a medium size chunk of cherry.

Cappy I saw a Ham on the Street were he made Venezualin (SP) hotdogs they do put mayo on them and crushed potato chips and some other things. I don't see why u couldn't put mayo on a hot dog. I put it on bologna.

The Joker said:
Oh MAN! They look great!! =P~ No sauce necessary!
No Sauce and No Foil!!! :pop: and no Mustard! :)
I might need sacue to cover the shiners. They got me with the cyro vac. The top one looked great and the other two had some shine.

Great looking ribs. I don't like that Ham on the Street guy. Just not funny to me. It's like he's trying to be the Tom Green on food, and it's
not working.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom