THE referrence for how to 'cue BB ribs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowRent

Senior Cook
Great news! I found THE referrence for how to 'cue baby back ribs! All your selection/prep/technique questions answered.

Please see image below, and, you're welcome:

dsc0003vk5.jpg

LowRent said:
Great news! I found THE referrence for how to 'cue baby back ribs! All your selection/prep/technique questions answered.

Please see image below, and, you're welcome:

dsc0003vk5.jpg

LOL!!

Now if anyone ever wanted to know how to identify "enhanced" ribs, there's three examples in this pic. #1 Guaranteed Tender and Juicy, #2- the Sodium content, #3 Ingredients - water sodium phosphate and salt.

I only did this because folks have asked how you know meat is enhanced.

Finney said:
Man.... Now the secret is out. :?

That's a fact, Finney, and now you and everyone else is going to have a lot tougher time winning 'cue contests. The Royal will never be the same again.

Larry Wolfe said:
LOL!!

Now if anyone ever wanted to know how to identify "enhanced" ribs, there's three examples in this pic. #1 Guaranteed Tender and Juicy, #2- the Sodium content, #3 Ingredients - water sodium phosphate and salt.

I can do one better. Here's the tag from the front of the package. Notice it actually says enhanced near the top.

dsc0001hw2.jpg

LowRent said:
Larry Wolfe said:
LOL!!

I can do one better. Here's the tag from the front of the package. Notice it actually says enhanced near the top.

dsc0001hw2.jpg

That's certainly a clue!! :LOL:

Re: Price!!!

Markbb said:
BB for 13$ damn thats expensive where did buy them at an Albertsons!!!

I got the special platinum edition from Tyson ;)

Unfortunately, that's the Wal-Mart price. I have seen IBP cryos at Costco for $3.49/lb, but you have to buy 3 slabs. I'll be the only one eating these today. So, I just got the one slab. I know it's on the high side.

kimmal said:
Actually, I was one of the ones that was asking how to tell if the ribs are enhanced. The obvious "enhanced with" will give it away, but thanks for pointing out the "water sodium phosphate and salt" in the ingredients.
I really didn't know what I was looking for (other than the obvious)

Allan

No problem Allan, glad it helped you out!

Notice their guarantee: "Tyson guarantees this product to meet our highest quality standards." I'd feel better if they'd guarantee that it met MY standards, not theirs. In any case, the "enhanced" is enough to disqualify them from meeting my standards. :|

LowRent said:
Larry Wolfe said:
LOL!!

dsc0001hw2.jpg

I wonder if the folks that read the spanish part understand that they are enhanced! :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
LowRent said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":194d67q7]LOL!!

I wonder if the folks that read the spanish part understand that they are enhanced! :LOL:[/quote:194d67q7]

I doubt it ... translates to "hog back rib"

Good job, nice pictures. The only not enhanced ribs I can find are either Sam's three to a pack or the local butcher. The butcher is generally at $4.99 a pound but like you, sometimes I only need one rack. Tried the enhanced one time, did not come out very good; threw them out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom