Texas Brisket Video-Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Been wanting some good ole brisket for a few weeks so I got me one and BBQ's it with pecan wood. Rubbed with "Adams Reserve" Southwest Ancho and salt. Didn't trim it at all. Also made Red Beans and rice with Andouille Sausage, Plus Seafood Corn bread dressing from http://www.realcajunrecipes.com .

Enjoy Yall....

<object width="400" height="302"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1329873&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=01AAEA&fullscreen=1"> <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1329873&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=01AAEA&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object>
BBQ Brisket, Red Beans & Rice, Seafood Cornbread Dressing from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.

dsc0003su8.jpg

dsc0004nd6.jpg

dsc0006rk0.jpg

dsc0007dw9.jpg

dsc0009gm3.jpg

dsc0010bo0.jpg

dsc0011ok8.jpg

dsc0012zh3.jpg

dsc0014mk1.jpg

dsc0016zi4.jpg

dsc0017nm5.jpg

Way Cool Hat Boy! :D Its so you dude, perfecto.

Everything looks super good too SS the GT.

Seems like the bake should have worked better than foil.
What was the internal when you pulled it off the smoker?

Hummm, could just been an old tough cow it come from

You should make a new avitar sportin the hat

I used one of them baking bags for turkeys.. The brisket was almost as good as the local BBQ joint down the street. We ate it plain au juis or how ever you spell that....JB, I didn't take any temp before putting into the bag. I was kinda lazy and non - union that day... you understand!!!! ;)

SS that looked fantastic!
Who da' thunk........a turkey cookin' bag!
Was there a difference 'tweenced using foil or that bag in the finished brisket?
Watching the video I saw some canister type things stuck to your hood fan. Are those spices?

8)

Cap'n, I'm surprised you haven't claimed to have invented the Sappo Method. You're starting to fail in your old age.

Puff said:
SS that looked fantastic!
Who da' thunk........a turkey cookin' bag!
Was there a difference 'tweenced using foil or that bag in the finished brisket?
Watching the video I saw some canister type things stuck to your hood fan. Are those spices?

8)
The only difference between the baking bag and the foil is it is air tight and no juices are lost. Other than that it was nice to be able to feel the brisket and look at it as it finished. The canisters are various spices that yall have sent to me. I can put just a bit in there and keep the rest very fresh. ;)

That is some more nice looking Q.

I've been taking my brisket to 210F, and that is working for me.

A friend is putting together a collection of BBQ notes, from a scientist's point of view. He wanted me to try using Morton Tender Quick instead of salt. He thought the small amount of nitrates it provides would enhance the smoke ring.

I'll put it on the shopping list and let you know what happens.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom