Test run for comp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Going to do our test run for our first comp……..I need more coolers….
Table full of meat

Brisket is marinating and will be rubbed before it hit’s the pit

Butts

Rubbed butts rubbed with my rub

Ribs rubbed with my rub and will be mopped with a peach mop and then sauced with the Pens sauce and a wittdog twist

More pics to follow..(I just have to stay ahead of Larry…..at least that’s what Cappy said :grin: )

Lookin' good Dog! If you win with that rub, you gonna post the recipe?? :razz: :razz:

Well I'm a firm beliver in you play like you practice so the turn in time as are the standard KCBS times for tomarrow...The weather is great 80*, the beer is cold and life is good....oompappy god only knows how many people are going to show up tomarrow...chicken is nice an cheap...98lb at BJ's....That and I tend to get honrgry cooking all night... :!: I also have a couple of fatties and some ABT's that will go on to snack on...and the mrs is making some jello shots...there's always room for jello.. :!: Joker if I win with the rub I'll be more than happy to post it. For a change I'm going to be up all night and loving it. 8-[

I put the butts and brisket on at 5:00, I plan on mopping the brisket and not foiling either the butts or brisket.

You're not making good use of your WSM and getting some shut-eye tonight?? :eek: :eek: Butt juice :eek: dripping on that brisket, now that would be a good thing! :winkie:

How's that jello tastin'?

We are about 3 hr in and it’s time to flip the meat fat cap up….

Joker I will be using the WSM during the comp...with 2 more butts and another brisket...I'm on vacation.....Cliff I like the thought of staying up most of the night and tending the fire and having some pops and jello....(don't forget I'm used to being up all night) I'm going to be using the WSM in the AM for ABTs and some of the chicken...

Cliff H. said:
How is the mosquito population in your part onf the universe Dave?
The skeets don't like me plus with the smoke from the pit and we have a fire pit going for ambiance.......skeeters don't like the smoke....the brisket is at 152* more pics later if anyone is still up...

wittdog said:
Cliff H. said:
How is the mosquito population in your part onf the universe Dave?
The skeets don't like me plus with the smoke from the pit and we have a fire pit going for ambiance.......skeeters don't like the smoke....the brisket is at 152* more pics later if anyone is still up...
I'm like a lightning rod for skeeters! :-X Bring on dem pics! :(

We are having a blast got a couple of the neighbors over and just heard my college theme song “Friends in Low Placesâ€

Back
Top Bottom