TENT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakedpigbbq

Senior Cook
Hey everyone! Getting ready for my comp in may and gonna need to replace my tent. Any suggestions as to what type, size? I had a 10 x 10 and it was really too small. Didn't have side walls on it, but the wind is horrible out here and it has bent one of the brackets making it pretty much useless. What do the competition teams use? I want something to last. I am working out of my 8 x 10 trailer that has the fridge, sink, etc. in it, but need a tent that is big enought to put a couple of cots in and have a big area for tables to box up the entries and do some prep work.

thanks!

chuck

Well I don't play well with tents so can't help ya on that deal. I would haul all that junk you got off to good will and go buy a cheap MH. They giving them away since Prez Osama has took over and everybody is skeered of the price o gas etc. Couldnt be much worse than lugging around a trailer. Big Dave has a cherry 77 model class B which has been reworked from stem to stern for 2500 bucks. Hook on pit or trailer and hit the road. Got a place to sleep..wash..make caca etc. I got one the same size but mine has been turned into a wanna be roach coach...triple SS sinks etc. Aint as slick as his though. Mine is purty nasty. I aint a very anal retentive clean freak ya know? One time the Warden went in to clean it up. She say..How do a person get bbq sauce on the ceiling? Heck..how should I know. I always cook drunk. Wimmen can axe such silly questions huh? No wonder they is the weaker gender.

bigwheel

Yep, EZ up tent and 5 gal buckets. What do you need the buckets for you ask? To hold the tent down. Take empty buckts and put the legs of the tent in them. Fill the bucket up with water and use either rope or bungy cord from the tent down to the bucket handle. Works great. Each bucket will weigh over 40lbs. ;)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
I like the way woodman holds his down. He takes I think a 50lb bar bell weight and puts it down the center of the leg.

Pigs
Who has lost 2 EZ-up to wind :cry:

Yeah but its just more weight you have to carry to a comp.

I use a 10x10 EZ-up and a 10x20 canopy that I bought at BJ's. I prefer the 10x20 but it does take up a lot of space in the truck. It has 25 poles, 12 connectors, 5 canopies and a bunch of bungy cords.
The key to this canopy is to label the connectors so that you can lay it out quick and easy. I can set it up in around 10 minutes by myself or 20 minutes if I have "help". It's funny how that works.
The newer model of this canopy has windows in the sides which id pretty nice.

Menards is about 4 miles from my job and Cabelas is about 45 minutes. I have not thought about either of those. I will take a look at theirs, as well. I am leaning towards the 10X20 if I can afford one since I have the 8X10 covered trailer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom