Tanking A Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Temp was running 200-225 I fell asleep. Woke up about 4 hours later, Temp 100-125 Do I chuck it or fire it back up? It's a flat. Man, I haven't screwed up this bad in years. It might have been because of poker night. Yes massive quantities of brewskis were involved also. Should I foil it? I'm not kidding. I don't want to chuck out a $ 15.00 hunk of meat. #-o

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Temp was running 200-225 I fell asleep. Woke up about 4 hours later, Temp 100-125 Do I chuck it or fire it back up? It's a flat. Man, I haven't screwed up this bad in years. It might have been because of poker night. Yes massive quantities of brewskis were involved also. Should I foil it? I'm not kidding. I don't want to chuck out a $ 15.00 hunk of meat. #-o

Sounds to me like you need a Guru!!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously........I wouldn't throw it out. I'd foil it and pull at 190*. If it were pork or poultry, I'd chuck it. Is that a flat or a packer?? That's a pretty cheap brisket either way.

It looked a little dry so I shot it with apple juice and foiled it. Time will tell, I did win a little over 60 bucks playing poker last night so It's not all bad I guess. I want to take it to the tractor pulls tonight, Bunch of buds have super farm pullers. Man, I'm such a hick. :)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
It looked a little dry so I shot it with apple juice and foiled it. Time will tell, I did win a little over 60 bucks playing poker last night so It's not all bad I guess. I want to take it to the tractor pulls tonight, Bunch of buds have super farm pullers. Man, I'm such a hick. :)

What a way to avoid the Guru suggestion, Pigs!! :taunt:

Bryan S said:
[quote="Susan Z":2qzcouhv]Gawd I wish I could find a $15 brisket...!
Susan, When i go down to see Larry in a month i can bring a cooler full down for you. Choice packers still $1.28 lb here. They run in the 12 - 14 lb range. Let me know. :D[/quote:2qzcouhv]

I hope I get some too!

Bryan S said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3msdymt3][quote="Bryan S":3msdymt3][quote="Susan Z":3msdymt3]Gawd I wish I could find a $15 brisket...!
Susan, When i go down to see Larry in a month i can bring a cooler full down for you. Choice packers still $1.28 lb here. They run in the 12 - 14 lb range. Let me know. :D[/quote:3msdymt3]

I hope I get some too![/quote:3msdymt3]
Of course you will Bud how many you want? I just thought since i'm heading down her way and i can get them cheap here it's not a problem to bring her some if she wants any. At a $14 - $15 average per packer how many do you guys want. I'll buy them fresh on my way down and won't freeze them. Unless you want them frozen. I'll pack them on ice in the Coleman Extreme cooler. :D[/quote:3msdymt3]

That's cheap dude, I'll take at least 4. The choice packers at the butcher are $2.69lb and the Select packers from WallyWorld are like $1.29 or $1.39lb when they have them! So Susan should we plan a VaSmokeStock when Bryan comes down?? You, Bryan, Steve Z. and whoever else in the area wanna come. Just a thought if you guys wanna do something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom