Super Christmas Ham!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gomer said:
Thanks Larry, I had no idea I will get some ice while I am out today for sure!

I just saved your life!! You owe me!! :shock: Just kidding! Take pic's!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine is on his way over to see the unveiling of the ham! He won't be in town for christmas so he told me i had to let him come over and take the pics of my scrubbing and sawing away at the ham hehe. Pics soon!

And More:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="302" data="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=449959&server=www.vimeo.com&fullscreen=1&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=01AAEA"> <param name="quality" value="best"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"> <param name="scale" value="showAll"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=449959&server=www.vimeo.com&fullscreen=1&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=01AAEA"></object>

Greg please tell me you kept the ham bone you cut off???? That's fantastic for beans and soups.

Larry,

I threw it in the bin.

j/k

It went into a bag and sealed by the FoodSaver and right into the freezer, you'll have to tell me what to do w/ it another day :)

Thanks for the support everyone, I am really excited about this dinner, right now the guest list is at a sure 11 people possibly 2 more may come.

Heres what I am making if anyone is curious:
Ham with Larry's glaze.
Harvard Beets
Asparagus
Au Gratin Potatoes
Homemade Dinner Rolls
Sweet Potato Casserole

Someone else is making some desert and (presumably) some salad or something...

If anyone has any suggestions or anything they are more than welcome nothing is quite in stone yet, though tomorrow I am going to start prepping some of the food.

Ok, my guest list just jumped another 3 people. The official count is now 14 guests for sure. Is this ham going to be enough meat for everyone (one person is a vegetarian). Man this dinner just keeps getting bigger.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":32uiqt3h]Gomer, looks like your off to a great start. Larry is a genius around here sometimes!

What do you want? :LOL:[/quote:32uiqt3h]
If you ask me, that'd ought to be worth at least a jar of WRB, you brilliant, brilliant man. ;)

--John 8)

Unity said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2cc9iqk8]Gomer, looks like your off to a great start. Larry is a genius around here sometimes!

What do you want? :LOL:
If you ask me, that'd ought to be worth at least a jar of WRB, you brilliant, brilliant man. ;)

--John 8)[/quote:2cc9iqk8]

He lost his shot at the WRB when he put that "sometimes" in. :mrgreen:

Larry D. said:
Unity said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1vukln2u][quote="Nick Prochilo":1vukln2u]Gomer, looks like your off to a great start. Larry is a genius around here sometimes!

What do you want? :LOL:

--John 8)[/quote:1vukln2u]

He lost his shot at the WRB when he put that "sometimes" in. :mrgreen:[/quote:1vukln2u]

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!!! ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
Just trying to let the bigheaded guy feel a little good this holiday season. Screw him! ;)

I love you Nick!

Gomer where are the pic's?? Are you changing the water every 12 hours???

I am West Coast Larry, just woke up 4am now I have to drag my WSM and a bunch of food/equipment to my friends. My Blazer is literally filled to the top, I am taking off now. If you can think of anything as far as trimming the ham let me know. The camera is packed! So I will have pics. Fatties, Egg in a basket and hash browns for breakfast today too!

Back
Top Bottom