Sunday spare ribs 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Have 1 rack and a fatty on the smoker. using the sweet rub I used on my last brisket I also added some Turbinado sugar.
Using apple, oak, & a little cherry for smoke. Weather is crappy, rain & about 45. Char Griller holding steady at 228.

Larry Wolfe said:
Very nice Puff!! Did you unroll the sausage to put the cheese in???
No, just slit it down the middle and spread it out. Put the cheese in and pushed it back together. Only lost a little cheese.
Man I don't think I have cooked breakfast sausage in a frying pan for a long time. This is the only way to do it :D

Cliff you have to try it. I use Bob Evans Maple flavor!

Foiled for 2 hrs. ribs are now enjoying a bath of SBR's cut with honey.
Mixing up some hush puppies to go with.
Man the weather has gone from bad to worse :shock:
Rain and 30mph wind! Char Griller is holding her own :D

Finito' Man that weather sure turned things around. I thought I had everything dialed in pretty good. That wind and rain kicked up, temp outside dropped to 40 :shock: Ribs were right in 'tween(BW talk) chewy and falling off the bone. As far as the Turinado sugar. It was good out of the box, didn't notice the flavor on the bones. Sure looked pretty!

My little sweetie is my best critic :D
3 bones and counting!

Every thing looks great puff!! How did you do those hush puppies? I have been wanting to try them.

Chris

chris1237 said:
Every thing looks great puff!! How did you do those hush puppies? I have been wanting to try them.

Chris
The best ones I've made so far.
I crossed Oompappy's recipe with the Justin Wilson hushpuppies Finney posted.

Nick Prochilo said:
Nice job Puff! Glad you made it through the storm.
This weather is really starting to suck!
When can I pull the trailor down South to our new home?? :D

Back
Top Bottom