Sunday rib attempt..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Doing a few racks of ribs this weekend. Gonna give the 3-2-1 method a shot. I haven't been happy with my smoker ribs yet. I just rubbed 'em with pig powder and am going toput them in tommarrow arround noon. Also doing abt's and some bacon \ beef skewers that are marinating in a jerk marinade.

john pen said:
Doing a few racks of ribs this weekend. Gonna give the 3-2-1 method a shot. I haven't been happy with my smoker ribs yet. I just rubbed 'em with pig powder and am going toput them in tommarrow arround noon. Also doing abt's and some bacon \ beef skewers that are marinating in a jerk marinade.

John I did the the beef/bacon/jerk skewers a couple weeks ago and they were fantastic. You are in for a treat. As for the ribs, I've been doing a 4-1-1 method lately with spares and have been very happy with the results. I didn't like the overly tender texture I was getting leaving them foiled for 2 hours. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

I did the skewers over an open fire camping a few weeks a go. The were good but the bacon burned to easily...However they all still disappeared. Ive smoked ribs 2 times and they were edible, but not exciting. Looking forward to tommarrow as I haven't smoked anything in a few weeks !

I forgot to mention, this will be my first burn with lump...

When you guys smoke beans, do they go in the smoker covered or uncovered ? Im planning on putting them in a 3 inch deep foil pan. Also, how long ? I was guessing three hours...

john pen said:
I forgot to mention, this will be my first burn with lump...

When you guys smoke beans, do they go in the smoker covered or uncovered ? Im planning on putting them in a 3 inch deep foil pan. Also, how long ? I was guessing three hours...

uncovered ... I've done mine as long as 5 - 6 hours (without draining beans, use entire can contents then doctor), stirring a couple of times.

Longer the better I figure. Throw some sliced sausage or pulled pork or leftover bbq beef in there ...

Uncovered on the beans! I also like to put them under a brisket or butt, butt NOT chicken!!! Shoot, I don't even like to cook chicken it is so touchy with all its bacterial potential!

Cruising, thanks for the tip..Ill try that next time. I was wondering how that worked !

As for my ribs....Due to the doneness after I foiled, I only left them in for 1/2 hour after taking them out of the foil. I was pretty pleased with them. They were cooked better than the ones I did before. I'd been getting my ribs at a butcher shop, but got these at out local grocery store. Sort of disappointed with the quality. Didn't get the beens in early enough, but a little bit of time in the oven finished them.....

By the way, Ill never use briquets again...time to find an outlet for lump. It made a huge difference !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom