Stuffed Griff Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian in Maine

Assistant Cook
Today I made Griff Loaf stuffed with extra sharp cheddar cheese, and bacon. I also added sauteed red bell pepper. I used hickory chunks, and Jack Daniesl chips for the smoke.
img_70432_0_5fce6e5dfde223bf9edc5d8eb211ded6.jpg
[/img]
img_70432_1_6a9f8c4f328b5d7e70d1d34037b67c9f.jpg

Brian

Yes I lined a cookie sheet with wax paper, then patted the meat out by hand then covered with another sheet of wax paper and rolled with a rolling pin. The bottom sheet of paper can be lifted to make it easy to roll up the meat. I messed around all night at photo bucket trying to re size. At first they were huge. Brian

First off... Food looks GREAT.

As for the picture thing. Use either ImageShack or the one that Bill TGG has people using now (Chris scratches head)... they have links after you upload that you just copy to the forum that post a "thumbnail" pic. When you select the "thumbnail" it takes you to the site with the fullsized picture. ;)

Brian in Maine said:
Today I made Griff Loaf stuffed with extra sharp cheddar cheese, and bacon. I also added sauteed red bell pepper. I used hickory chunks, and Jack Daniesl chips for the smoke.

Brian that looks great , a job well done!!!

Wow. Looks good. When I stuff anything with cheese it always cooks (leaks) out. How did you keep it inside?

Griff

First off Griff I've been rolling my own meat loafs for years, but my wife couldn't believe how good your meat loaf is stuffed. I have found that leaving about a 1/2 inch of meat with no stuffing at one end , and along the sides lets me "smoosch" (patented technical term) :D them together used roughly 1/2 pound of both the cheese and bacon in each loaf. The bacon is cooked first. and laid across the with of the cookie sheet so that there is bacon in every slice.
Thanks guys for all the positive remarks, and thanks Bill for the link. I'll give it a try. Brian

Back
Top Bottom