Stubbs Charcoal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Has anyone used Stubbs Charcoal? I was at the local Lowes looking for that KF Comp Brand which they have no plans to carry but they did have some Stubbs brand….I picked up two bags…is says It’s 100% natural…and the binders are vegetable oil….
I’m going to do some ribs and beer can chickens on the 22.5 with it while the Canadian Bacon and Bacon is smoking in the Smokehouse

I looked it over real good. Finney posted and I verified that Stubbs is made by Cowboy. I hate it that HD has the upper hand on my employer where bbq'n and grill'n is concerned.

I am seriously considering speaking directly with the powers to be over this " zone " as it is refered to.

I looked at the bag at the store...and couldn't see it was made by Cowboy...if I would have know that.....anyway...I'll be using it today...

A new Lowe's opened up near work, I stopped in to see what they had.
KF in just single bags, Comboy lump, and Stubbs. I grabbed two Stubbs to try.

I'm gunna be doing a lot of cooking....chest freezer crapped out. :evil:

ScottyDaQ said:
A new Lowe's opened up near work, I stopped in to see what they had.
KF in just single bags, Comboy lump, and Stubbs. I grabbed two Stubbs to try.

I'm gunna be doing a lot of cooking....chest freezer crapped out. :evil:
That was the same selection here..sorry to hear about the freezer...

The Stubbs didn’t stink like that stuff in the Blue Bag when it was lit…..got a few yard brids, 3 racks of BB, and two fatties on the 22. BTW for you FF winners….that little capping knive does a good just on trimming out that second set of bones on BB. ;)
Cliff if your 401K is like mine..the combined charcoal purchases of everyone on the fourm wouldn't be enough to help.

The Stubbs stuff wasn’t too bad…it was much better than the Cowboy Lump…It didn’t stink like the blue bag stuff…
Griff wouldn't it be a 200.5

I used some this weekend and pulled an 11th place in brisket out of 38 teams. No bad smell, no surprises in burn time, and lasted as long as Rancher.

Works good in my Chubby and Party Backwoods smokers!!

I'm going to stock up while they have it.

Ditto on what was already said.

It smells GREAT ... unlike Kingsford (blech).
It seems to ash over a lot faster for me. I was surprised to see how fast the chimbley was ready for pouring.

If it were cheaper, I'd go for it all the time.

If Cowboy produces the charcoal for Stubbs, can the two be different? I believe Cowboy also provides the charcoal for Wholefoods. Does the product vary among the different packaging?

Back
Top Bottom