Started the day off with a little hangover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Brisket hanging over the side of the cooker. :mrgreen:
Pinned it back with a few skewers.
Weighed about 10 lbs. and is untrimmed.
Cooking over KF comp briquets and applewood.

img_213233_0_3f8d1fe65ca7bc8edc3b75d61ccecec6.jpg

img_213233_1_56049b3a62b8ae1294b82e2130d53e45.jpg

Puff thank you, I have been wondering how to do a larger brisket in my WSM. Looks like that will work and I'll save the $399 for the 22" ... at least for now. Great lookin' brisket!

Skewers worked like a charm. When I went to flip the brisket was laid out flat on it's own after shrinking some.
Hard to pull them out though. I was worried they'd break off. Maybe metal skewers would be better.

Well I have cooked some whoppers on my little bullet. Just sorta scrunching them up like an inch worm and making sure its at least inside the lid. They shrink right down in a bit. Can't even find the wrinkle when its done. Somebody on here tole me to do it like that. Thanks to whoever gave out that tip. That has saved me a lot of money on buying scrkerwers :shock:

bigwheel

Was wondering where this was going. That was a nice trick I used to put a can of beer under the flat after 2 hrs no problem.

Well my mind was running wild here. I had it pictured as a full beer for some reason. Seems like the least could happen on that deal is hot beer and it bound to spew when you open it. That is if it skipped the exploding part for some reason. I know unopened gallon cans of Ranch Style beans blow up like a small a bomb when some drunk stick them in the fire just to see whut would happen.

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
HUCK said:
Was wondering where this was going. That was a nice trick I used to put a can of beer under the flat after 2 hrs no problem.
I'm hopeing it was an empty can!!!

The can would be mt after the brisket cooks a little remove can. Can't waste beer. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom