Spice Grinders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
New to this forum but not to Q. I like this forum so far. Anyways, does anyone have any advice or experience, good ones) with spice grinders? I have a few and like my Kitchen Aid one but I think I burned up the motor. I also have a Black & Decker burr grinder but it is way too inconsistant of a grind...nice granules to almost a powder. Burned up a braun too. At this point...cost is not an object. Like anything else that pisses you off to no end...if you can find something that does what you want and is good quality, you are willing to pay a premium for it. Seems like those items are getting fewer and futher...

Sorry Uncle Bubba,
I've got a braun and it works okay. But you've already killed one of those. Not being a BBQ competitor, I'm sure I don't use mine as often as you do.

Have you looked at the new KitchenAide grinders. They 'look' robust.

Susan Z said:
Well there's always a mortar and pestle....!

Mortar and pestle work great for small amounts! My God if you have alot to do it would take a week! I have a Braun too, but haven't burnt it up yet!

Thanks for the post.

I know I need to do something but keep putting it off.

Potential group buy perhaps?

Uncle Bubba, if that is your real name, I just put mine on the driveway and roll over em with the car a couple hundred times! ;)

Woodbreath, you should have Giada's valentine show today. She was finally showing some cleavage. Then her "sweetheat" showed up...what a dork!

Cap'n, trying to stay away from the food channel this week. I gave up chocolate for lent (not a Catholic, but wife and kids are, thought I'd give something up for character building excercize!), and this is "Chocolate Week or something!

lol...every day when I get home I go to Food Network and browse ahead on the schedule (I've got that digital cable thingy.) Then I set to record any show I want to see.

Today, NOTHING! It's all sweetheat valentiney things. I don't eat any desserts, believe or not (saving room for meat and beer).

Guess I'll actually have to strike a match instead of watching tv.

Uncle Bubba said:
..if you can find something that does what you want and is good quality, you are willing to pay a premium for it. ...

I use a Krups for small quantities and a Solis Maestro for larger amounts, or for when I need an extremely fine powder. I have a Solis as well for coffee beans--great for an espresso or Turkish grind. Solises run around $130. However, if you're interested in the Solis, spend $20 more and get the new Maestro Plus. It'll be my next coffee grinder. There is a greater range of grinds and more fine-tuning capabilities (essential for various coffee grinds; handy for spices). Various places carry them but I like 1stincoffee.com--good customer service.

Jeff E said:
jshively said:
Every show I have seen her in she is wearing a freaking sweater or some shirt that all you can do is see they are big but nothing else.

I've seen 3 or 4 shows of hers with cleavage now. One time I swear those puppies were going to pop out as she leaned toward the camera to put something (I have no idea what she was cooking) into the oven. My Tivo got a workout on that one. :D
Oh yeah... I don't own a spice grinder or coffee grinder. I need to get one soon.
That's what you call little Jeff... your Tivo. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom