Spice Grinders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K Kruger said:
I use a Krups for small quantities and a Solis Maestro for larger amounts, or for when I need an extremely fine powder. I have a Solis as well for coffee beans--great for an espresso or Turkish grind. Solises run around $130. However, if you're interested in the Solis, spend $20 more and get the new Maestro Plus. It'll be my next coffee grinder. There is a greater range of grinds and more fine-tuning capabilities (essential for various coffee grinds; handy for spices). Various places carry them but I like 1stincoffee.com--good customer service.

Kruger i just returned a Solis Maestro Plus,couldn't even grind coffee
properly,after reading great reviews i was really dissapointed with the consistency of the grinds,you think it was a fluke? and i should pick up another?

Wow. I certainly hope it was a fluke. I've never had trouble with my Maestros and they both get heavy use. The one I use for coffee still gives me a fine espresso grind in the afternoon and a grind for drip in the morning; I don't clean the burrs as often as I perhaps should, and I've had it a long time. I sure hope their quality hasn't gone down the tubes in the interim. Whether or not you should try another is up to you, of course--I probably would. If you do, let me know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom