Spares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Got some spares on sale for $1.99, trimmed them and rubbed with Wolfe Rub. Using Kingsford and Hickory chunks, dinner should be served around 7pm!

The Missing Link said:
Larry do you pull our leave the membrane on the back of your ribs?

Yes Chris, the pic's shown I had already removed the membrane. I don't do it all the time but I just did it on these. The ribs I cooked last weekend had the membrane still on, so go figure.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Missing Link":1kmbg93b]Larry do you pull our leave the membrane on the back of your ribs?

Yes Chris, the pic's shown I had already removed the membrane. I don't do it all the time but I just did it on these. The ribs I cooked last weekend had the membrane still on, so go figure.[/quote:1kmbg93b]
Which do you like better with or without?

Ribs and trimmings are in foil, yes I said foil......... My little girl wanted some chicken legs so I threw some of them on with "Uncle Finney's" rub!!

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Missing Link":a54wkm46]Larry do you pull our leave the membrane on the back of your ribs?

Yes Chris, the pic's shown I had already removed the membrane. I don't do it all the time but I just did it on these. The ribs I cooked last weekend had the membrane still on, so go figure.
Which do you like better with or without?[/quote:a54wkm46] I like membrane off for a couple reasons: you can scrape off excess fat underneath the membrane and I think they breathe better cooking without membrane if that makes any sense (the membranes are like sausage casing that hold in rendered fat I'd rather just dripped away) ... I also like the finished product better without the membrane

I used to eat mushy parboiled ribs before I got into smoking ... but moved to smoked unfoiled membrane removed ... it's the right amount of tooth for me ... but I don't mind foiling with a bit of juice for like 45 minutes sometimes ... I think it's safe to say if done right foiling can improve tenderness and moisture with or without added liquid

Looking great Larry ... nice looking ribs

Ribs and chicken turned out very good!! The kiddie's liked it so that's all that mattered!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
Ribs and chicken turned out very good!! The kiddie's liked it so that's all that mattered!!!

Larry fine job there bro , Niki found 2- 6lb Boston Butts at Publix , I will probably do them on Saturday when I have the day off. And yes I will take pics!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom