Spares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice looking ribs Larry...

My two cents for ribs lately...
1. I pull the membrame soley for a nicer finished product...no nasty membrane to eat or deal with
2. Im going tommarrow to buy ribs. I will talk to me butcher about St Louis cut..The last ribs I did (three cyrovac packages of three racks each), I ended up with probably one package weight worth of scraps. As much as I like and use the scraps, I think Id rather spend the denaros ($$$) and get the Louy cut and not have to deal with it for basicly the same price....Am I wrong in my math, or am I just drunk ? (its been a long weekend and Ive had ...uummmm..a few Margerittas)

john pen said:

1. I pull the membrame soley for a nicer finished product...no nasty membrane to eat or deal with
2. Im going tommarrow to buy ribs. I will talk to me butcher about St Louis cut..The last ribs I did (three cyrovac packages of three racks each), I ended up with probably one package weight worth of scraps. As much as I like and use the scraps, I think Id rather spend the denaros ($$$) and get the Louy cut and not have to deal with it for basicly the same price....Am I wrong in my math, or am I just drunk ? (its been a long weekend and Ive had ...uummmm..a few Margerittas)

John you're right and I agree. I don't care much for trimming the spares St. Louis style either. But the one think I do like is the cooked trimmings. I cook them along with the ribs and then vac seal them for "riblets". Perfect little morsels of meat that are great for quick appetizers!

john pen said:

John: All I buy is St.Louie's, $2.29 a pound aprox. 60# per case, Remove the membrane and there ready for rub and toss them on, they are Maple Leaf brand. I like them, I gave wittdog a couple racks to try out.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="john pen":301qq0g8]Nice looking ribs Larry...

John: All I buy is St.Louie's, $2.29 a pound aprox. 60# per case, Remove the membrane and there ready for rub and toss them on, they are Maple Leaf brand. I like them, I gave wittdog a couple racks to try out.[/quote:301qq0g8]

Chris that's a great price for trimmed ribs. Where are you getting them??

Lookin good larry....just picked me up some baby backs saturday (4 racks) put em away for later but i'm gonna try some wolfe rub on em and see what we think

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Lookin good larry....just picked me up some baby backs saturday (4 racks) put em away for later but i'm gonna try some wolfe rub on em and see what we think

Use the Wolfe Rub very liberally for an optimum bark!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":3iatojy9]Lookin good larry....just picked me up some baby backs saturday (4 racks) put em away for later but i'm gonna try some wolfe rub on em and see what we think

Use the Wolfe Rub very liberally for an optimum bark!![/quote:3iatojy9]

Well you know I will. Probably do them in a week or so. I got 4 slabs, going to do something different for all of 'em. BTW, my Rev Marvins just showed up today.....any good on ribs as a finisher??

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2wj4o1vv][quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":2wj4o1vv]Lookin good larry....just picked me up some baby backs saturday (4 racks) put em away for later but i'm gonna try some wolfe rub on em and see what we think

Use the Wolfe Rub very liberally for an optimum bark!![/quote:2wj4o1vv]

Well you know I will. Probably do them in a week or so. I got 4 slabs, going to do something different for all of 'em. BTW, my Rev Marvins just showed up today.....any good on ribs as a finisher??[/quote:2wj4o1vv]

I haven't used Rev's on anything that I haven't liked! The 50/50 Rev's/Honey combo may be good on ribs. I was talking to Woody (Rev Jr.) this weekend and he said he's been using a 50/50 combo of Revs/Sweet Baby Rays on ribs and really liked it. Of course the ribs were rubbed with Wolfe Rub! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":1hf0bgs0][quote="Larry Wolfe":1hf0bgs0][quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":1hf0bgs0]Lookin good larry....just picked me up some baby backs saturday (4 racks) put em away for later but i'm gonna try some wolfe rub on em and see what we think

Use the Wolfe Rub very liberally for an optimum bark!![/quote:1hf0bgs0]

Well you know I will. Probably do them in a week or so. I got 4 slabs, going to do something different for all of 'em. BTW, my Rev Marvins just showed up today.....any good on ribs as a finisher??[/quote:1hf0bgs0]

I haven't used Rev's on anything that I haven't liked! The 50/50 Rev's/Honey combo may be good on ribs. I was talking to Woody (Rev Jr.) this weekend and he said he's been using a 50/50 combo of Revs/Sweet Baby Rays on ribs and really liked it. Of course the ribs were rubbed with Wolfe Rub! 8-[[/quote:1hf0bgs0]

I just discovered the sweet baby rays and I love it. that sounds like a good combo!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom