Some rib pics from Saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MI Smoke

Senior Cook
A few pics of the ribs I made on Saturday. Made 5 slabs of babybacks- 2 went to a friend, 3 went to me and my FIL to ease the pain of watching Mich State spank Mich. First try at post pics here, hope it turns out OK-
[attachment=2:392nwgur]10-10-10 rib pics 203.JPG[/attachment:392nwgur][attachment=1:392nwgur]10-10-10 rib pics 205.JPG[/attachment:392nwgur][attachment=3:392nwgur]10-10-10 rib pics 206.JPG[/attachment:392nwgur][attachment=0:392nwgur]10-10-10 rib pics 207.JPG[/attachment:392nwgur]

Thanks, for some reason the pics on my screen are coming out GIANT SIZED. Any idea want I did wrong?

Nice looking ribs. I like your pit, as well. How long did your cook last and how much wood did you go through? Would love a pit like yours but I have a small family so it's not really practical.

The pictures are large because the resolution is to high. You should limit the resolution to no more than 100 dpi at a width of about 7 or 8 inches. I use Photoshop for making adjustments to my image sizes but there's a lot of inexpensive photo editing software that will do the same thing. Maybe the camera you use has a setting for a smaller photo size. Nice post.

Thanks Lew,
See that pile below the pit, it was a little more than double that when I started. I fired up the pit at 10:00 and put 2 slabs on @ 11:00, put 3 slabs on @12:00. The first 2 came off at 2:30 and the next 3 came off around 3:30.
I have a small family also. I use the pit about 6 times a year (just don't have the time).
I use a Webber knockoff most of the time.

It may be easier to upload to a site like imageshack.us, photobucket, and have em resized on the the way up.
I don't post anything bigger that 1024 by 768. Greg has a thread on how to upload pics somewhere.

Food looks great!

You can download irfanview to resize youy pics. Its free and works great.

Thanks everybody for the comps. The internet is a great thing.
I learned a lot :D

ScottyDaQ said:
It may be easier to upload to a site like imageshack.us, photobucket, and have em resized on the the way up.
I don't post anything bigger that 1024 by 768. Greg has a thread on how to upload pics somewhere.

Food looks great!
Scotty can u link my to the thread or give me a little better idea were to find that thread- thanks.

DaveG said:
Where do you get your ribs? Yours look a lot larger than the ribs I get. Just joking. Look good.
I get them at the local Flintstones store- @ rack weights 10lbs, its saves on prep time. Lol

Alright, im just playing around to see if I can do the resize thing. Let's see if this works :?
img_228251_0_9661d306d8053466ee1ce36a1fc620ef.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom