So back to cooking healthier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Texas 1836

Senior Cook
Momma said time to get back on the diet, so smoked two chickens, and did 8 turkey burgers So we would have good stuff during the week. Just a shot of the chickens on the pit. Now, this won't replace the occasional rib / brisket/ butt, just going to spread it out!

Fine looking birds. Have had the turkey burgers..taint bad. The Warden has been buying some Johnsonville Chicken sausage with cheese and japs. Fully cooked. Mighty tasty. Real good on the grill. Not sure how healthy it is but it do not taste like dead chickens.

And not to get too crazy on a health binge, I am posting a smoked turkey meatloaf under recipes. Figured this out under the "old" Weight Watchers point system.
But dont get my wrong, Paula Deen still has my heart!! LOL.

I know the feeling. I was thinking I need to loses a pound or two as mankini season is just around the corner..

Hmmm..did not realize the thong swim trunk season was so close. Thanks for the memory jog. Think I am fixing to start dragging out my januine Jack LaLane exercise mat and start doing some set ups..leg lifts etc. My wrists still hurt from the pushup contest last year demanded by the health insurance company. I shoulda slapped a workmans comp deal on em over that. I already drink Bud Lite so couldnt knock too many calories off of that..and only have that bad habit about twice a week or so when running the big chili meeting. I dont think hooch and wine have many calories.

DarylCincy said:
The Gator likes Chicken, but gets a brisket every time!
Hey I want to try a meatloaf on there,tell us about it?
Good to see you Daryl. Posted the recipe in the recipe section, Poultry. Enjoy! The "real" recipe went out today in Texas BBQ's newsletter. Made it both ways and it's Bring it home to Mama good!

I already drink Bud Lite so couldnt knock too many calories off of that..and only have that bad habit about twice a week or so when running the big chili meeting. I dont think hooch and wine have many calories.[/quote]

Mr. Wheeler, wine may have calories, but it also counts as your daily ration of fruit. In my version anyway!

Texas 1836 said:
DarylCincy said:
The Gator likes Chicken, but gets a brisket every time!
Hey I want to try a meatloaf on there,tell us about it?
Good to see you Daryl. Posted the recipe in the recipe section, Poultry. Enjoy! The "real" recipe went out today in Texas BBQ's newsletter. Made it both ways and it's Bring it home to Mama good!
Thank You, I got them,I will try one of them soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom