So anybody cooking this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cappy if I do anything, I think it is just going to be chicken wings on the gasser (DUCK LARRY TEXLAW IS SHOOTING AT ALL GAS COOKERS)! :eek:

so how do you do em? I've grilled wings before and they were good, but I really preferred fried. (ducks for cover, Texlaw also hates fryers!)

Chicken wings on the gasser tonight and beers.
Just put on my favorite spice, and a little mix of hickory and cherry wood.
six beers and there ready to go :)

Cheers

Captain Morgan said:
Greg are you serious about that guava wood? The other woods weren't good enough for you? :D

Yes I'm serious...got some from a guy who lives in HI...

HERE is his website. It came very quickly! I will report on it after I give it a go tomorrow!! :D

Captain Morgan said:
so how do you do em? I've grilled wings before and they were good, but I really preferred fried. (ducks for cover, Texlaw also hates fryers!)

Cappy, my favorite way is to marinade them for at least 24 hours, more is even better in Zesty Italian dressing. I'll throw in some red pepper flakes, fresh basil, oregano and rosemary too. Sprinkle with just a bit of kosher salt right before they go on the grill over direct heat.

Started the fire this morning at 5:30. Had one whole brisket, two butts, and a turkey breast on 45 min later. Still have 6 racks of ribs and some brats to throw on later.

Good luck to Gary from VA and Richard Middleton who are competing at Kings Mountain this weekend.

I'm planning on doing a 7.25 lb. Beef Shoulder Muscle on Monday, if all goes well. It's been thawing since Wed. I was planning on Sunday, but going to spend time with the wife.

The ribs are on, the brisket is at 170* and the brats will be done shortly. The turkey breast looks great. I have it resting on the board. What a great day in the smoke.

James I'd be real interested in how you fix them beef ribs.

I love em, but haven't perfected them.....do you smoke or grill?

Use foil in the process?

Back
Top Bottom