Snacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Neighbor asked me to smoke up his catch from yesterday.
3 Dolphin strips
the lil one on the bottom is Black Fin Tuna.

He gave me more of the tuna and I am going to pan sear it later. :D

Dolphin strips....interesting. Guess you gotta do somethin with the ones that get caught up in the tuna nets.....how's the taste?? Mild? Meaty??

These were on the small side. But he caught 18 of them . ;) Too small to call fillets. tastey fish meaty, yes. A little oily. VERY Tastey.
The tuna was only 4 lbs and it was the first one he caught so he wanted to try a piece smoked. I don't know how that is going to turn out.

brian j said:
the dolphin gh is talking about is different that flipper. what gh cooked is also know as mahi mahi.
Well well. Don't I feel stoopid :oops: I read MBFBBQ twice and didn't get it. That was very funny. I am dense, must be all the smoke ;)

brian j said:
the dolphin gh is talking about is different that flipper. what gh cooked is also know as mahi mahi.

Oh, got it. I know what Mahi Mahi is.....was wondering if you were talkin bout 'real' dolphins, but hey, ya never know.

brian j said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":3oodq0vz][quote="brian j":3oodq0vz]the dolphin gh is talking about is different that flipper. what gh cooked is also know as mahi mahi.

Oh, got it. I know what Mahi Mahi is.....was wondering if you were talkin bout 'real' dolphins, but hey, ya never know.[/quote:3oodq0vz]
especially with this crew. :LOL:[/quote:3oodq0vz]
Some of the locals here say manatee is great, just a lot of fat. :cry:
Still never heard of anyone eating Real dolphin.

Green Hornet said:
[quote="brian j":3sg110h3][quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":3sg110h3][quote="brian j":3sg110h3]the dolphin gh is talking about is different that flipper. what gh cooked is also know as mahi mahi.

Oh, got it. I know what Mahi Mahi is.....was wondering if you were talkin bout 'real' dolphins, but hey, ya never know.[/quote:3sg110h3]
especially with this crew. :LOL:[/quote:3sg110h3]
Some of the locals here say manatee is great, just a lot of fat. :cry:
Still never heard of anyone eating Real dolphin.[/quote:3sg110h3]

No problem on the slang but you gotta realize I'm here in Kansas, not too many dolphins swimmin around here :LOL:

No slang going on here. There is a mammal that is a dolphin and there is a fish that is a dolphin. Both are "real", but totally different creatures.

Mahi Mahi is used so people "not in the know" won't think they are eating Flipper. ;)

Finney said:
No slang going on here. There is a mammal that is a dolphin and there is a fish that is a dolphin. Both are "real", but totally different creatures.

Mahi Mahi is used so people "not in the know" won't think they are eating Flipper. ;)

Got it....man you learn more things around here everyday

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom