Smoking a 12 lb Brisket on a Weber Kettle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good job Texican! I see you have the baffle too, it does a great job with indirect cooking. If you put a water pan directly over your coals you can hold 225-240 in the kettle with no problem.

Re: Minions technique

Texican said:
Bruce B said:
Good job Texican! I see you have the baffle too, it does a great job with indirect cooking. If you put a water pan directly over your coals you can hold 225-240 in the kettle with no problem.

Bruce,

I noticed on one of your prior postings that you were using the minions technique with a BBQ Baffle. Due you use a BBQ GURU to control the temperature? I continue to follow the instructions that came with the Baffle. Adding briquettes every hour along with some wood chips.

No, I do not use a Guru and I did not follow the instructions of the Baffle real close. I placed 3/4 chimney of unlit coals in the Baffle, lit about 8 briquettes and put them on top along with a large apple wood chunk. I had a drip pan under the ribs that I had about 1/4 full of water and then I put a small loaf size pan 1/2 full of water on top of the coals.

It seems the temp shot to 230-240 and held there for about 3 hours or so, then I added maybe a handful of unlit briquettes. Results not as good as WSM, but that maybe my fault, I got a little antsy and took them off after about 4 1/2 hours. Probably 1/2 or 3/4 hour before I should have, they were good just not "real" good.

Back
Top Bottom