Smokin on Feb 25 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All right! Gave the butts bone a tug, and out it came...they're cooling down. Rubbed the corned beef heavily with coriander, black pepper, and that black pepper/garlic combo I've got. It's on now.

now I'm pulling this off at 165....I'll be using my electric slicer to get thin slices. Obviously, if you were to bite into at that point, it would be pretty tough. Plan on serving pastrami reubens Tuesday for poker night!

ummmm butts were excellent....little overcooked on the outside, couldn't use all the bark, but there was just a little fat left inside, and I add that to my final mix (I know, so sue me)!

Sprinkled with a little more rub, added some vin sauce, and I've got three big bags vacced and ready for the freezer after they cool down some more.

Now the pastrami is on and I can here the fat sizzling as it drips to the sand pan....smells great around here!

Larry Wolfe said:
Here ya go Capn' I'll help make life easy on ya!

Just sent the link to my wife..birthday next month...fingers crossed..

Starting to roast my garlic for my brisket...gonna try throwing a roasted halipino in the mix too...gonna fire up the smoker around 2am....

Captain Morgan said:
and ther pastrami looks great. Will wrap now, slice in a few days....hard to wait.

Come on Cappy taste it and let me know what I am looking forward to!

Stop tempting me! I of course tugged off a corner, and most of it was rub....now it's in the foil and snuggling in with the juices....somebody change the subject!!!!! (goes to nibble on pulled pork)

Captain Morgan said:
Stop tempting me! I of course tugged off a corner, and most of it was rub....now it's in the foil and snuggling in with the juices....somebody change the subject!!!!! (goes to nibble on pulled pork)

Okay, I'll change the subject! I just got off the phone with my wife and asked her to bring home some sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, pumpernickel bread and a six pack of Guinness. Gonna have reubens and several pints for dinner, with my PASTRAMI that you should be eating too Cappy!

Captain Morgan said:
If I start that thing, there won't be any left for Tuesday night.
Change the subject! :axe:

Okay, what goes good with fresh pastrami on a Reuben sandwich?

I did not read that last post, and I'm not reading this thread anymore.

I've got pulled pork to keep me warm through the night.

Captain Morgan said:
I did not read that last post, and I'm not reading this thread anymore.

I've got pulled pork to keep me warm through the night.

Pulled Pork, Pastrami Reuben???? You may be onto something Cappy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom