Smokin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the board..cant help with the electric though. My buddy uses one and as previously stated, his stuff comes out more baked then smoked, but Im sure some folks here will have good advice for you..

Welcome aboard. I am at a lose with the electric smoker too. I am figuring that it would be the same principle as a wood, or charcoal smoker. Keep her at 225 - 250* and smoke till the internal temp is 195. Not sure about the time on it. My briskets take 7-8 hours on my stick burner but I use foil. Get yourself one of these:

ph_072397007245.jpg

Mr. Camper said:
We've grilled for years and several years ago I bought and loved using a smoker. It was charcoal and water with hardwoods for flavor. We have relocated from FLAUSA to ARKUSA and are now in semi-retirement/work. The "old" smoker was sold prior to the move. Now, we've purchased (at the wife's request) a Brinkmann Electric Smoker. It's element is preset at 250 degress. I've never used an electric smoker and could use some pointers in getting started. We'd like to do a beef brisket this weekend so any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Mr. Camper,
Airboss, Trekr, and Grillslinger all have units similar to your's and make (they say) good BBQ on them. Look them up in the Memberlist and give 'em a PM. They will be more than happy to help you out. Just tell them Finney sent you. :!:

I have buddy who has an electric. He uses saw dust, from hardwood boards he cuts up in his woodworking hobby, in an aluminum pan on top the heating element. He has to refill the the pan when it stops smoking. It does ok but between us girls, my kamado does a much better job- but that just my opinion, I could be wrong (but not likely :grin: )
Dave

DATsBBQ said:
I have buddy who has an electric. He uses saw dust, from hardwood boards he cuts up in his woodworking hobby, in an aluminum pan on top the heating element. He has to refill the the pan when it stops smoking. It does ok but between us girls, my kamado does a much better job- but that just my opinion, I could be wrong (but not likely :grin: )
Dave
Hey WittDog, that sounds alot like your little "lectric" smoker! :getbtw:

The Joker said:
DATsBBQ said:
Dave
I think wittdog said something like that.

Finney said:
The Joker said:
DATsBBQ said:
Dave
I think wittdog said something like that.
Yeah I have something like that but I don't do Q on it just the "cool smoking" of cured meats. It puts out a good product of the cured meats, you spritz the sawdust just to moisten it and I pack it in tight and get about 1.5-2hrs of smoke. You leave an opening in the middle for a better smudge. As a matter of fact that it was I am going to use tomarrow to do the Canadian Bacon.

Back
Top Bottom