Smoked Tilapia Last Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluzQue

Head Chef
Ms BluzQue has been requesting fish ( other than my usual Cajun Seasoned deep fried Catfish) So I tried something different. I want to thank Surfin Sapo for the hot & tangy salsa recipe & grilled taco shell ideas I borrowed for this cook ;) Man, Sapo that salsa is too good :D I smoked the fish on the smoker with RO Lump & equal amounts of Hickory & Mesquite chunks. For the taco shells I used iron skillet (sprayed down with EVOO spray(thanks again Sapo) on the El Ceapo Gasser.

img_199794_0_7ba286339ba5b044c82cc33f8146f9a0.jpg

img_199794_1_0409ced7b3a99a23f159536cd3353f01.jpg

img_199794_2_174ae2b3bf545402bce08e79abac2691.jpg

8)

Hillbilly said:
I thin ya fergot to clean them fish! :shock: :LOL:

There mighty good smoked! I use a brown sugar glaze type thin on em, tastey tastey tastey!

Looks like good food there!

Sounds good Hillbilly I just basted them every 15 minutes or so with a sauce made up of butter, lime juice, minced garlic. I first slit 'em up both sides twice & oiled up with EVOO & sprinkled with sea salt & ground black peppercorns 8)

Hillbilly said:

There mighty good smoked! I use a brown sugar glaze type thin on em, tastey tastey tastey!

Fish take a bath 24-7 why clean em :LOL:

Looks great

Hillbilly said:
007bond-jb said:
Hillbilly said:

Fish take a bath 24-7 why clean em :LOL:

Looks great

But JB, they keep poopin in the bath water! :shock: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: 8)

This brings back memories BluzQue. Fish tacos are so good. Your Welcome on the recipe. Glad you and the mrs. liked it. Take care.
:D

Back
Top Bottom