Smoked thighs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I have had these merinating for 2 days. Thought I would get them on yesterday but the butts came first.

Go Bill, Go!

7.gif

they are on. had to get the jerkey off first. the directions for the jerkey is to cook at 150 then 200. way to low for chicken. Got TOW up to 260 now and the chicken is on the top grate. We have plans for dinner tonight so I am finishing the jerkey in the oven.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
they are on. had to get the jerkey off first. the directions for the jerkey is to cook at 150 then 200. way to low for chicken. Got TOW up to 260 now and the chicken is on the top grate. We have plans for dinner tonight so I am finishing the jerkey in the oven.
In other words, you couldn't keep your temps down?? [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3ckkuinr]they are on. had to get the jerkey off first. the directions for the jerkey is to cook at 150 then 200. way to low for chicken. Got TOW up to 260 now and the chicken is on the top grate. We have plans for dinner tonight so I am finishing the jerkey in the oven.
In other words, you couldn't keep your temps down?? [smilie=a_chuckle.gif][/quote:3ckkuinr]

Nope, not at all. kept a constant 200 at the dome, then took it up to 225 for a while. These things are easy to run once you get behind the wheel. Shoot Larry, even you can use one. Doesnt that say alot?

I have to admit, this is one sweet pit. smoked these for 2.5 hours and then cranked the heat up and finished them with some Jack Daniels sauce.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I have to admit, this is one sweet pit. smoked these for 2.5 hours and then cranked the heat up and finished them with some Jack Daniels sauce.

Looks like the WSM might make you into a good Pitmaster afterall!! ;)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":z7d2d35s]I have to admit, this is one sweet pit. smoked these for 2.5 hours and then cranked the heat up and finished them with some Jack Daniels sauce.

Looks like the WSM might make you into a good Pitmaster afterall!! ;)[/quote:z7d2d35s]

:damnfunny [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=a_whyme.gif] [smilie=a_doh.gif]

Chicken looks really good. The WSM is alot less work than the offset. I still like to tend the fire and do something on the offset when I have the time.

Back
Top Bottom