Smoked lamb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friesian_rain

Senior Cook
Wanted to try some smoked lamb so I got a 4 lb. boneless roast and a small rack.... rubbed the roast down with a paste made in the blender of olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, juniper berries; bagged and in fridge overnight. Dry rubbed rack of lamb before putting in smoker with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, rosemary. Made up a pan of my venison baked beans to smoke also....

A tomato appetizer to start ;) A salad of tomato, cucumber, cilantro, garlic, crushed red pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar to accompany the lamb and beans. Red wine to go with...

Weather yesterday was rainy, windy and around 38 degrees; ended up not being able to get temp of my Bradley over 200 degrees. But, it all worked out in the end. Everything was very delicious. (smoked with pecan and apple wood )

Suggestions/tips/thoughts ??

Everything looks spot on! Nice job!

Only suggestion would be to try Chopin vodka, costs about the same as Goose.

BigAL said:
Everything looks spot on! Nice job!

Only suggestion would be to try Chopin vodka, costs about the same as Goose.

Thanks !
I'll have to check the vodka out; can't remember ever seeing it in town. Some things just don't make it to SE AK.

Captain Morgan said:
internal temp at 145?

how long did it take the 4 lb roast at 200 degrees?

Internal temp was 140 when pulled out of smoker. It took 3 hrs. 35 min.
Temp in smoker dropped to 150 when I put in roast, took 50 minutes to get back up to 200 degrees !

Back
Top Bottom