Smoked Almonds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
3lbs raw almonds tossed in some butter, ground red pepper flakes, Cajun Seasoning, and granulated garlic. Then on the WSM running at 275*F for 2.5 hours.
img_254286_0_be2c0ee275a805df3f1e3fe38d19170e.jpg

Off the WSM and seasoned with some more Cajun Seasoning and granulate garlic. Sending these to my Dad for Christmas
img_254286_1_36eab74aca3cc033a7057f79e90cd5e6.jpg

Tossed on some chicken thighs and andouille sausage for some gumbo I plan on making tomorrow.
img_254286_2_947900408b8fc600e950882b31ced1d1.jpg

With the almonds...does the butter hold the spices on, even after they have cooled? I have tried many ways, and the spices always end up on the plate or in the bag, and the almonds just taste toasted like I could do without adding anything, and I could do it in the <GASP> OVEN.

BOB

With the almonds...does the butter hold the spices on, even after they have cooled? I have tried many ways, and the spices always end up on the plate or in the bag, and the almonds just taste toasted like I could do without adding anything, and I could do it in the <GASP> OVEN.

BOB
It seems to help keep the spices on until the oil from the almonds come out. They still need to be hit again with spices after they come off the smoker.

Ha, V you have talked me into it. I went out and got some Almonds, and Cashews, and I am going to do this this weekend, along with a surprise smoke that I am doing. I tell you what, all of you peeps are going to want to be at my house this weekend!!!!

All that looks migthy fine! Seasoned Almonds are great, I was going to make them for Christmas,guess I was too busy making gumbo and didnt get around to it.
Great Job!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom