Smoke In The Hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef

So I'm doing some butts for a customer today and the dude down the street calls the local village police. The cop (a new guy) tells me to move my pit because the smoke is going down the street into this guys house. I ask the cop "is there a law in the village against barbecue?" he says "well no" I then say "okay have a nice day" I then informed the cop (you never tell them) that I'm going to do a hell of allot more once I get open and for catering. He then tells me that I can't be doing this in a residential area. I then inform him that I'm zoned commercial! He then scratches his head and says " Humm, well I guess your okay, It does smell good" So the cop goes down the street and tells the whining guy that there is nothing he can do. Now this is a new guy down the street rents, all my other neighbors are fine with me. So about a hour later the cop shows up and tells me that the whiner down the street is a VEAGAN! We both laugh and he then tells me that he checked me out with the chief of police and I'm okay. Heck, I have been doing this out front of my place for about 5 years now. Guess it sucks to be the whiner down the street from me.
Have a good day.
I sure as heck am! :LOL:
Pigs

Cliff H. said:
Take him a sandwich and then maybe you will have a new customer. :LOL:
He and his whole famn damly are VEGAN'S! I have a whole hog coming up next month. Should I go over and ask him to help me put it on the spit? :LOL: The guy is going to freak when he see's this action go down. :LOL:

Griff said:
Is the cop coming back for a sandwich later?
Funny thing is Griff. I did and do give out barbecue to the local cops and state troopers. They can't take them from me, BUT If I leave a few sandwitch's on my table in wax paper bags and go in the house for a few min. when I come back out POOF there gone. :LOL: They are good guy's indeed! :D A bit far for John pen to road trip for, but ya never know. ;)

Throw a little tofu on the smoker for the Vegan! Just make sure it gets some pork drippings from those butts for flavor! :D

I'm starting to worry about you Chris. First gas, and now Tofu! I think it's time for a BBQ Central Intervention! :D

Gotta say that this thread makes me laugh so hard!!!!

What a cry baby this guy is. But you know what, it's the typical mentallity. These kind of people seem to be of the feeling that they must impose their life style onto yours and your own rights. Just because they share the same air.

You shoulda told him that mother nature was giving him a sign by blowing the wonderful smell of 'qued critters into his place from your yard.

Then let him know what the meaning of PETA really is, People Eating Tasty Animals.

Tim

Ya know, the hell of it was if the guy just came over and asked, I would have moved my pit around from the front of the house to the side so all the smoke would not blow on the front of his place. BUT NOOOO he has to call the cops. Well now the dork is going to get it full blast when ever possible. I talked to my neighbors and they have no problem. 8)

A veagan is some one that eats no animal products at all. To include cheese, and all other dairy products.

Basically the most extreme form of a vegetarian you can be.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom