Small Retail Offsets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn White

Sous Chef
Looking at this small cheap offset for the apartment. Anyone used this one or similar can give an opinion? A comparison to a WSM would be great.

I liked the part of the description 'Dual air damper system controls heat and smoke ' ... sounds good, if it works. You guys think Minion Method could work in this rig?

There is also an ECB on the bottom of that page at 2/3 the price but I pretty much know what I'm in for if I go that route. Do some mods and have a poor man's WSM. Bah, I want to try the offset even if it is just a wannabe.

The Lowe's in my town runs the Chargriller on sale quite often for $88.00
You dont have to even use a firebox but I am glad I added one.

The firebox is almost always about $55.00 If you want a cheap offset then I don't think there is one better. [-X

that's Canadian dollars guys ... Larry that's a great price indeed, but they don't ship to Canada and their Canadian store is electronics only ... even if I can find a deal from US by the time credit card exhange rate and customs are done with me ..... well, you know

a WSM will cost me in excess of $300 and I thought to just leave the unit behind when I'm done here

the product I posted looks like it's the American Gourmet from Char-Broil, maybe with a different brand name here ... same specs and identical pictures ... I'll see if I can find CharGriller locally

Shawn White said:
that's Canadian dollars guys ... Larry that's a great price indeed, but they don't ship to Canada and their Canadian store is electronics only ... even if I can find a deal from US by the time credit card exhange rate and customs are done with me ..... we'll, you know

a WSM will cost me in excess of $300 and I thought to just leave the unit behind when I'm done here

the product I posted looks like it's the American Gourmet from Char-Broil, maybe with a different brand name here ... same specs and identical pictures ... I'll see if I can find CharGriller locally

Shawn, if you're gonna leave it behind get a trash can or a 50 gal. drum! I'm serious, even with the mods you'll still save money and still be able to make good BBQ!! Whatever you do, I know you'll make good Q!!! I've seen you cook!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom