Small Flat and a Fatty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Had the day off and a nice little flat in the freezer. I also had a roll of Sage sausage and made a liitle snack while I was waiting. The brisket turned out nice. I used my slicer so I can make some sammies for work.
img_228474_0_ad5e1b5eb3fc298a17027464e04e5813.jpg

img_228474_1_e6b10ba31b018f7909e722beb384329c.jpg

img_228474_2_73ff7e5a52f7a3e5989ac63ec5b7a49a.jpg

img_228474_3_b0683d9c1a35eeaab9da3c6bd93ef7cb.jpg

img_228474_4_2ccfad01e1b98197973f67ab39f0fc07.jpg

Nice smoke ring !!!
Did you slice it that way on purpose?
I guess if it's sliced thin enough... but I always cut brisket across the grain. .. Or am I missing something?

ScottyDaQ said:
Nice smoke ring !!!
I guess if it's sliced thin enough... but I always cut brisket across the grain. .. Or am I missing something?

Scotty, did you not understand that it was Green Hornets day off ?

Have you not seen the beverage factory he keeps in his garage ?

It takes many hours to smoke a brisket.

Lets see.......Day off...... Bottles his own alcoholic beverages... Brisket cook.....He is lucky he was able to slice it at all. HA!!!!

Cliff H. said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Nice smoke ring !!!

Scotty, did you not understand that it was Green Hornets day off ?

Have you not seen the beverage factory he keeps in his garage ?

It takes many hours to smoke a brisket.

Lets see.......Day off...... Bottles his own alcoholic beverages... Brisket cook.....He is lucky he was able to slice it at all. HA!!!!
True! All true! :mrgreen:
Bottled a Scottish Ale and an unfiltered Pilsner! I have to multi task on the few days off I get.
I have to admit I did not give much thought about the grain. I have a small circular slicer and it just fit like that. I like it thin so I can pile it on some bread and sauce it.

The meat looks very juicy and tender. I am hungry right now for one of those sandwiches. I would choose a freshly made multigrain bun for mine with lots of sauce and spinach salad to round it off and be completely healthy.

Back
Top Bottom