Slaw Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
for those that eat Carolina style bbq either on the sandwich or on the side....which do you prefer? More minced (like KFC) or more coarse (like the pre-shredded bags you get in the grocery store)?

I'm not a Slaw eater but I make it course...or ahhh my lovely wife Michele makes it that way.

I use a knife to cut the cabbage into ribbons (aka "chiffonade"), and use a peeler for the carrot(s). That's more like the bagged caggabe than the chopped from KFC. I cut slaw the same no matter what the dressing -- just because I like those ribbons -- unless I'm making so much it's worth using the Cuisinart or KitchenAid. In that case, I play it the way it lays.

Rich

Cappy,

I like the coarse, but I'd never turn down KFC slaw or any slaw for that matter, just one of those sides I feel was made for BBQ.

Mango said:
I voted coarse.

My mom loved KFC slaw, I worked for the Colonel would bring home the slaw for my mom paid for it every night, she thought I could get it free since I worked there never told her. When I quit working there she did not talk to me for a week… Of course I went away for that week
;)

rofl!

dang you guys! I grew up on coarse slaw but for bbq sandwiches
I like the minced. Agree about floating in the milky stuff.

I like a finer type of cut more like a chiffonade and I like to use a variety of cabbages to give more crunch factor and often I will salt my cabbage as well to improve the texture.

Somebody gonna have to contact Dave Lineback or Bob in GA on this one. It dont matter whut you like...got to stick with the tradition ya know? Its a form of yankee anal retentiveness:)

biwheel

Captain Morgan said:
for those that eat Carolina style bbq either on the sandwich or on the side....which do you prefer? More minced (like KFC) or more coarse (like the pre-shredded bags you get in the grocery store)?

Diva Q said:
I use savoy, napa (Chinese cabbage) green and red but sometimes I also will use bok choy.
Interesting.
Cappy........please bare with us ;)
I am consulting with a future national "Queen of Q" and it is the year 200.......uh.....7 :D ;)

Diva Is bok choy considered cabbage? Just curious.

It is classified as a cabbage but I think it should be more into the lettuce category. The crunch is what I am after and sometimes bok choy is a good alternative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom