Sick of BBQ!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
All last weekend at Cabelas smelling BBQ and cooking for two straight days to feed 390 today and I am about barbequed out! Big Mac, Filet o Fish and Fries for dinner! I cooked 18 butts and 26 flats last night! I cut so much brisket today I'll puke if I think about it.............there I went! #-o

Woodman said:
All last weekend at Cabelas smelling BBQ and cooking for two straight days to feed 390 today and I am about barbequed out! Big Mac, Filet o Fish and Fries for dinner! I cooked 18 butts and 26 flats last night! I cut so much brisket today I'll puke if I think about it.............there I went! #-o
:eek: :eek: Whooooaa.. #-o

Woodman said:
:ack: The kids wanted McD's today I could barely choke down a burger. #-o
That's alot of Q woodman.

I was just thinking to ask you how your'e catering job went.
You love it and you know it ....quit whining!
Everybody have a good time?

I think the yellow plaid skirt is his favorite, along with the Pistons t-shirt :grin:

Say it is'nt so!!!
I can see where your comen from, taken a hobby into a liven can make it hard to enjoy at times, i just do small partys, 50 peple is about the most and i'm usally sick of it after 3rd one and don't want to do any for my self.

Great job Dave, Too bad Holmes didn't help out too much. Did a cook one time at a wedding, 160# leg of lamb and 150# of butts, NEVER AGAIN! We had KFC after that gig. Nice pics.

THe salesmen at the company did the serving, cutting brownies, and assembling the coleslaw to the dressing as needed. But I did EVERYTHING else! Planning, buying, packing, pickin-up supplies, setting up, rubbing, cooking, pulling, slicing, chopping, cleaning up. From loading to unloading was 48 hours. Yesterday, I worked non-stop for 13 hours straight . 4:00 am to 5:00 pm! I cleared $3,000 in profit. Worth it? I say yes!

Woodman said:
THe salesmen at the company did the serving, cutting brownies, and assembling the coleslaw to the dressing as needed. But I did EVERYTHING else! Planning, buying, packing, pickin-up supplies, setting up, rubbing, cooking, pulling, slicing, chopping, cleaning up. From loading to unloading was 48 hours. Yesterday, I worked non-stop for 13 hours straight . 4:00 am to 5:00 pm! I cleared $3,000 in profit. Worth it? I say yes!
So all this whinning was to get to the point where you get to tell us you cleared $3K!?!?!?! :)
You should have opened with that. :)

How long did those butts take? I think we need to bump the temp in the main up a little to avoid what happened in Harpersville and in Dundee wich was really long cooking times. Those butts in Dundee were in for 14 hours which is long for their size. Looks like a lot of food. Did Barkly "play" with the little lamb???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom