Saucing Pulled Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
The extent of my knowledge about saucing Pulled Pork is pouring sauce over it right before I slap the bun on :eek:

Is that all I need to know? =P~

Cliff H. said:
The extent of my knowledge about saucing Pulled Pork is pouring sauce over it right before I slap the bun on :eek:

Cliff, it's a matter of taste and sauce you're using. Vinegar or thin style sauces are best to toss the meat in before you put it on the bun, otherwise you're gonna have soggy bread.

wdroller said:
Cliff H. said:

Taste it before you do anything. You may like it as it is. Or, add a dollop of slaw (vinegar based) to the sandwich. If you have dried out the meat in the smoking process, you may have to add a little sauce to the sandwich. But I discourage you from adding the sauce to all of the pulled pork if you are serving it to others. Let them decide.

I made up a vinegar based sauce to go with the first pulled pork I made here at home. It was a tasty sauce, but the truth of the matter is I used it up on pinto beans, not pulled pork.
I 2nd this suggestion. I would also have a few different types of sauce available. Also, if it has dried out a bit, a few sprits' of apple juice can help.

Cliff I usually add 2 parts apple juice to 1 part cider vinegar to the pork..The vinegar will cut the gressey sp of the pork and the juice sweetens it IMO.....I also will sprinkle a little more of the rub I used on the cooked pork.....Then I leave it up to whoever is eating it to add sauce or not...

No problem, what you might want to do is to seperate the meat and try it both ways, one with nothing added and the other with the cider vinegar/apple juice and extra rub....See what you like...... I don't add alot of the juice/vinegar mix probably about 1/4 cup maybe, drizzle some on and then taste it...I think the extra rub again just a little bit helps make the flavor.... POP
Let us know what you did and what you liked

Back
Top Bottom