Sauce ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I like bbq sauce but being from Texas, I can take it or leave it.

I would love to make or find a sauce that does not cover the flavor of the meat, smoke and rub.

I am not wanting one that compliments the bbq. I want one that don't offer much except moisture and just enough flavor of its own to justify it being called bbq sauce.

Is there a sauce that looks like reg bbq sauce, pours like reg bbq sauce but has a very thin flavor as to not mask the flavors that are already in the meat ?

Is there such a sauce ?

Might try Smitty's Sauce. I will post it over in the recipe section.

bigwheel

Cliff H. said:

I would love to make or find a sauce that does not cover the flavor of the meat, smoke and rub.

I am not wanting one that compliments the bbq. I want one that don't offer much except moisture and just enough flavor of its own to justify it being called bbq sauce.

Is there a sauce that looks like reg bbq sauce, pours like reg bbq sauce but has a very thin flavor as to not mask the flavors that are already in the meat ?

Is there such a sauce ?

bigwheel said:
Might try Smitty's Sauce. I will post it over in the recipe section.

bigwheel

Cliff H. said:

Is there such a sauce ?

Thanks BW

Stubbs original is a fairly bland sauce. I used to use it as a base, worked pretty good.

a squirt bottle with salt & water in it is really all you need... Churassco Style...

Back
Top Bottom