Saturday Ribs, Turkey & Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
Friday night I was thinking about what to do for dinner on Saturday; the wife was up in Big Bear with her girlfriends for the weekend. So me and the boys were on our own and spareribs came to mind.
So I headed to the store and picked up a couple racks of ribs, a half a turkey breast and some cooked shrimp for a salad.

I made a Shrimp Pico de Gallo salad, and a tossed green salad to accompany the ribs and turkey.
I did the ribs on the 22" bullet for about 5 hours at 225*; just enough so they were tender, but not falling off the bone tender; they had some bite to them. I used mesquite for the smoke. :D

Sorry nice sliced pics of the turkey breast; it was killer. The kids at that first and pretty much left nothin but a rib cage. LOL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you got the boys involved in the cook. At some point you can let them do the cooking for you as you have a cold one and direct the process....Great pics we always love to see them.

I was feel'n bad at first cause the salad just pops out and says "eat me!", ribs look great but are shadowed by the shrimp salad! I thought I was turn'n veg until I read that others felt the same. :D

Is the shrimp pico de gallo salad just ....that, shrimp added to pico de gallo? I gotta try that out.

BigAL said:
I was feel'n bad at first cause the salad just pops out and says "eat me!", ribs look great but are shadowed by the shrimp salad! I thought I was turn'n veg until I read that others felt the same. :D

Is the shrimp pico de gallo salad just ....that, shrimp added to pico de gallo? I gotta try that out.
My Shrimp Pico de Gallo is a follows,

1 lb cooked tail-off shrimp
Juice from 1 lemon
Juice of 6 limes
sliced red onion
cilantro
1/2 red bell pepper chopped to be about 3/16"
1 Jalapeno
2 tomatoes chopped or sliced
tomatoe sauce
garlic to taste
white pepper