Saturday Ribs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Got the spares rubbed down with Fatz PigPowder and the WSM is ready with the Guava Wood for flavor!

Took some initial pics but then the batteries died on the second slab photo. Will have to run out and get some during the first 3 hr stint! :-(

Greg Rempe said:
Got the spares rubbed down with Fatz PigPowder and the WSM is ready with the Guava Wood for flavor!

Took some initial pics but then the batteries died on the second slab photo. Will have to run out and get some during the first 3 hr stint! :-(

So what does guava wood smoke taste like and where did you get it?

I thought the doll was either a Finnster voodoo or a Larry look-a-like wearing a dress. Oh, good looking ribs by the way. =D>

WSM on a bare wood deck?? :ack:

Runnin' around 260..Is that where you like to run with ribs? What time is supper??? =P~

Niagara River Smoker said:
WSM on a bare wood deck?? :ack:

Runnin' around 260..Is that where you like to run with ribs? What time is supper??? =P~

It does have feet on it, right? The temp was mainly around 235-240...I kicked it up when they went in to foil and for the glaze time. I actually have some cement squares I thoguht about putting under the WSM for some extra lift and perhaps safety.

To date, these were the best ribs I have made/had. I gave a half rack to Smokein (lives across the street from me)...perhaps his first post will be to rave or slam my product...I hope rave =P~ [-o<

By the way...the Guava wood worked out great!! I would suggest getting some if you want to try something in between apple and mesquite...almost like a even mix of both! :D

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Niagara River Smoker":1tz0mo5g]WSM on a bare wood deck?? :ack:

It does have feet on it, right? [/quote:1tz0mo5g]
Well, of course, it's up to you, but I wouldn't do it. There's a ton on info on TVWB about "Wood Deck" and the WSM ~ Here's one..

Shawn W: The manual says 6 foot clearance from any side to combustible material (like a wood fence) and it should be placed on a firm non-combustible surface.

Niagara River Smoker said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":2g88ldnf][quote="Niagara River Smoker":2g88ldnf]WSM on a bare wood deck?? :ack:

It does have feet on it, right? [/quote:2g88ldnf]
Well, of course, it's up to you, but I wouldn't do it. There's a ton on info on TVWB about "Wood Deck" and the WSM ~ Here's one..

Shawn W: The manual says 6 foot clearance from any side to combustible material (like a wood fence) and it should be placed on a firm non-combustible surface.

[/quote:2g88ldnf]

Go to HD and buy a 24"x24" concrete paver, less than $5. Here's a pic of mine that Chris A. posted on TVWBB -
PAVER

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom