Saturday dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Today I made beef jerky, a fatty, rack 'o' ribs & tips, beans and corn on the cob on the side.
This is the first time i've made jerky on the smoker, I marinated it all night and just before smoking over some Hickory, apple, and a chunk of Black Cherry, I sprinkled it with Wolfe rub.
It came out good, the flavor was good not to spicy, the only promblem I had was the tops of the meat burned slightly. The drip pan I put underneath it was blocking the heat, the top cooked while the bottom didn't, I removed the pan and it was fine.
I have to experiment with it some more.
I took the fatty off at 160, foiled it with apple juice and maple syrup =P~
I did the 321 method on the ribs, they came out overdone to me, but my daughter just loved 'em :!:

Dinner is served :!:

http://img221.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 69i1p.smil

Dayem! =P~ That looks fantastik !! =P~ Bi-color corn and beans look great too ! =P~ Cute daughter too! Watch out for ..... :!:

Puff everything looked great. Heat may have been a tad high if the jerky burnt though............ 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff everything looked great. Heat may have been a tad high if the jerky burnt though............ 8-[
Thats what I thought #-o
I had too many different things on the cooker #-o
Once I removed the drip pan from under the jerky everything was fine.
But I think it was too late for the jerky :-(
I think I need a rack that is above the grates :-k
Had the temp stuck at 220 all day :!:

Puff,

Everything looked good. How old is your daughter. Mine is 4 1/2 and she cleaned the bone on the ribs I smoked today. I guess they like them when the meat is falling off the bone.

cleglue said:
Puff,

Everything looked good. How old is your daughter. Mine is 4 1/2 and she cleaned the bone on the ribs I smoked today. I guess they like them when the meat is falling off the bone.
She just turned 3 in Dec.
I'll tell you she would eat them raw if I let her :eek:
The rack I did today was just not right, I did the321 on them, matbe i'll try something else, any idea's?

Puff everything look good. THe only thing about beef jerky is your wanting to dry it not cook it that way I try to keep my temp in the 150 to 190 range At that temp range you are dry it and not cooking it.

Hope that help. :grin:

The Missing Link said:
Puff everything look good. THe only thing about beef jerky is your wanting to dry it not cook it that way I try to keep my temp in the 150 to 190 range At that temp range you are dry it and not cooking it.

Hope that help. :grin:
Thanks Link, Larry said the same thing, I had too much food on the cooker, and I forgot I was drying the jerky not cooking it #-o
I'll give it another shot for sure :!:

What kind of ribs did you do? If they were Baby backs you cooked them too long. They looked like spare I think. I also think Larry said something about doing his 411. Today I just overcooked mine. I didn't foil or anything special. I was to busy with retaining wall problems.

cleglue said:
What kind of ribs did you do? If they were Baby backs you cooked them too long. They looked like spare I think. I also think Larry said something about doing his 411. Today I just overcooked mine. I didn't foil or anything special. I was to busy with retaining wall problems.
They were spares, i'm going to try the 411 thing next time :!:
I have the same problem witth my patio :-(

cleglue said:

Please explain! Maybe I can help! if needed

Finney said:
It all looked good Puff. Send me some of that jerky. :!:
Iwill next batch, this batch kinda' burnt #-o
It's still came out tasty, but I cooked it instead of drying it #-o #-o

diverdave said:
Hey Puff the food looked great. My 13 year old daughter would eat the bone too if I didn't stop her. What kind of meat did ya use for the jerky. I have been planning on making some just hadn't decided on the meat and seasonings to use yet. 8-[
I got a good deal on chuck roast, I was worried about the fat content but it really came out tender,I did add Tender Quick to the marinade though :!:
I've used round steak, sirloin, even ground beef.

Back
Top Bottom