Saturday Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
16 pound packer trimmed and rubbed with wooster. Sucker had a great fat cap...not too much hard stuff.

Rubbed at put it on around 6:30 over Kingsford and 2 nice big chucks of black cherry.
Uhhhh ...uh-oh.

Rolled over as much as I could and let the lid do the rest.

I usually foil the ends when they are that big and then remove it after the monster has shrunk down during the cook...keeps the tips from getting too crispy. :!:

Looking good Scotty!!! I should be able to make it up North by the time that bad boy is done! 8-[

Cliff H. said:
Looks like it fits now. :!: What all did you put on it? Inject? Temp?

Inquiry minds want to know :read:

Wooster and a rub of my own rub targerted for brisket. I got nervous there for a minute....looks like my food probe on the makverick is shot. It was reading high. I checked it with a dial probe that I just barely calibrated and it was. ****** ! :-X

Cliff H. said:
Good thing you caught it. How long did you have yours until the probe went out?

Hmm... probably about 1.5 - 2 years.

Yeah.... I still have the friggin thing plugged into the Mav...even reset the whole unit.... Siting out in the open. Ambient temp now is 72' ... The probe says 167 ! I admit... I've abused em a bit and water may have gitten into the probe, or maybe letting the lid rest on the wire did it. Who knows.

Point is back on the WSM rendering away... Other stuff is getting ready for chow time.
Note to self......take pics.
#-o

Sorry, ISP was down Saturday evening, and Sunday...Then went to a parade.

The flat being carved

Sittin in some juices.

and the obligatory sammich

Very good brisket. nice and moist. Huge point on it ...saving that for later. =P~ =P~

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom