Sat cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Tomorrow I’m going to do a brisket with the peppers and adobe from the Chipotle project….and do some ribs up as well…
Underside of the Brisket

The marinate made with the homemade chipotles

Ribs

Loin backs from BJ's I just "squared them off some" the ends that I cut off will be closer to the firebox as a treat..

Another vacation cook =D>
Sounds like a little heat goin' in that brisket....or was that for the ribs? 8-[

7:30 am Brisket is rubbed and on Buford. .I’m going to start with some Oak and then switch to apple and some hickory when the ribs go on…..It is a beautiful Sat morning here temp was 55* when we woke up…it looks like it’s going to be a good day

Puff said:
Looking good bro'. Feels like fall weather here :eek:
I know and I love it...the oldest wanted to play some catch this morining..it was nice to do that without being soaked in 2 min

wittdog said:
Tomorrow I’m going to do a brisket with the peppers and adobe from the Chipotle project….and do some ribs up as well…
Underside of the Brisket

The marinate made with the homemade chipotles

Ribs

You are going to put plaster on that brisket????? Or, are you going to use adobo???? :!:

3:30 The ribs are almost done and the Brisket is coming along nicely, we ate the hotdogs for lunch and had the rib tips as a snack….Joker stopped by while I was cooking and we had a nice visit and shared a couple of Yeuling Porters, the rib tips and one of the Smoked Yams…..he also brought me over some sauce to try I’ll be painting it on the ribs soon….I plan on taking advantage of the cooler weather today to make a Smoked Sweet Potatoes pie….

The brisket doesn’t’ look as yellow in the pit. I think it’s the light and my camera…

Ribs are done.. Joker thanks for the sauce that’s some good stuff…The Brisket is still chugging along.

What’s this?…..WittdogsB is going to make real whipped cream to go with….

Oh yeah, those ribs look great! Brisket too. Odd about the color though..it was a nice color when I was there. Glad you liked the sauce. Them pickles from the other week are very good!! Thanks for the take home. Got to meet Wittdog'sB ~ How wittdog landed such a nice lady, I'll never know... :grin: :grin: :!: Got a very informative lesson on sausage stuffing while I was there and loved them Yudelings, rib ends and yam! It was good to see the kids and Magic again too. Thanks for the good time. Looks like I should have stayed for dinner!! =P~ =P~ :!:

Well here is the brisket at 7:00 pm it’s been on for a bout 12 hrs..the internal temp is 165*

Pie is done….just needs to cool…..and some real whipped cream….

Back
Top Bottom