Salami Cook & Pulled Pork Nachos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Did a salami cook today using Oompappys' recipe. 4 lbs of ground beef (3-80/20 1-77/23) cooked with Royal Oak Lump with pecan and cherry wood.

And for dinner pulled pork nachos; nacho chips, pulled pork, Head Country BBQ sauce, onion, green pepper, tomatoes, olives and taco-nacho cheese. Baked in the oven at 375º for about 35 minutes.

I HAVE got to make some salami. Looks great Bruce.What do you think of the end result? Any thing you would do different?

Griff said:
I HAVE got to make some salami. Looks great Bruce.What do you think of the end result? Any thing you would do different?

I cut two slices off for a taste test, and the wife said it tastes like salami...so I guess it was a success, I'll be able to tell better tomorrow after it cools. Things are always better the next day, but it tasted pretty good warm.

I cooked this at a low temperature, keeping the top grate temp below 180º, so as not to render out too much fat, but it took a long time to cook. When the internal temps got 145 I raised the temps and finished it off at around 200. I put them on at 11:30am and they were finally finished (160º internal) at 9pm.

So would I do anything different, yeah, I'd cook at a little higher temps.

That's awesome. I would like to make some of that one of these days... Good Job

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom